Saturday, September 27, 2014

Day 27 - Dystonia and Beautiful Feet

In the physical sense of the word, I do not think I have very beautiful feet. Dystonia has taken its toll on them. However, I am blessed to have two feet and they are beautiful to me because they are beautiful to God.

All my life I have loved this Bible verse: And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” Romans 10:15.

My fascination with this Bible verse came as a child. It happened because Sandi Patty wrote a children's song called "Beautiful Feet" and I still get the chorus stuck in my head every once in a while. :) It's a catchy tune, what can I say?!

But now as an adult, this verse has become even more meaningful to me because of my physical problems. Dystonia is neurological, but it manifests itself physically in my feet. Actually, just my foot. OK, if we're getting technical it effects the entire left side of my body, including my hand and arm. But my most profound symptoms are with my leg and foot.

I've been debating if I should post pictures of my feet to show how dystonia effects them. I've decided I'll be brave and do it. I'm sorry for those that don't like pictures of feet. :) I don't really like people looking at my feet, but to show what dystonia does, you have to see them. This morning was the perfect time to take pictures, because dystonia was doing its thing. So here you go...my feet in all their glory:

And there you have it. I've let you into my world just a little bit more. :) You can now say you've seen my bare feet.

What can I say? I love my feet. No, they are not beautiful in the world's view. No, they don't work as well as most peoples do, but they are MY feet given to me by MY God and He wants me to use them to bring His Word to people all over the world. Dystonia can't take that away!! Dystonia may have altered my ability to use my feet perfectly, but I still have feet with which to praise the Lord. And as Sandi Patty said in her song:

"Feet climb mountains, feet climb stairs. Some wear shoes, and so go bare! There are feet of every shape and every size, but when feet run with the news: Jesus loves me and loves you, Then no matter what they look like - realize… Beautiful feet, Beautiful feet, Beautiful, beautiful feet!"

3 comments:

  1. I saw your beautiful feet on a Google search. I think I may have Dystonia in my right foot. When it's happening, my foot looks EXACTLY like yours! What kind of doctor did you see for your diagnosis? Where do I start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Dr Williams I am so mush happy today, I have been suffering from cervical dystonia for the past 8 years now, and i have spent a lot on western drugs which has all proved abortive, i have tried all means in life to become dystonia free , but there was no answer until i decided to try herbal solution and i found Dr Williams online and i contacted him and after I took his medication as instructed, i am now completely free from dystonia within one month of usage, i am so much happy, thanks to Dr Williams for helping me get my life back again without any form of crisis, i promise to tell your name and good deeds to the whole world,if you have dystonia you can always go through his website on dystoniacure.blogspot.com for more information ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS FOR THE GREAT DEED HE HAVE DONE FOR MY DAUGHTER?
    My daughter suffered from dystonia for more than 7 years which we started experiencing in her when she turned 4 year and 5 months we all thought it will end but got even worse as days went by. We tried all several treatments and therapy prescribed by various doctors we met but to no avail, she lost total concentration and always complain of  neck discomfort. She usually tells me she haves jerky head movements. This were steady disorder that disrupted her entire life, even at night she slept less because of this.It was during a casual conversation with a friend that i learned about Dr Williams herbal medicine I was able to contact him on his email address. and give him all the necessary information that he needed,few day later he sent me the herbal portion and his medicine was able to restore her back to normal and she is very okay now without any side effects whatsoever. If you have dystonia, do not hesitate to contact him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product. I hope this also helps someone out there.

    ReplyDelete