Thursday, September 11, 2014

Day 11 - Dystonia and 9/11

I'm writing on this blog for 30 days about dystonia - to get the word out about it - but today is 9/11 when the world as we knew it stopped 13 years ago. So what does dystonia have to do with 9/11? Well, I started thinking about how I would have gotten out of the World Trade Center if I had been there and had dystonia. Selfish, I know. But, I thank God that I wasn't there. However, that thought led me to think of the people who were there and helped people who had trouble moving, walking or getting around. Today, I'm thinking about those who carried others down flight after flight after flight of stairs, those who risked their life for the well being of their co-worker or even just a stranger next to them. I'm thinking about those who wouldn't, who couldn't leave without helping a disabled co-worker the best they could. What strength they must have had! I wonder if God granted them super-human strength that day? What faith they must have had! You can say it's adrenaline, but for those that descended all those flights of stairs with another human on their back - and never gave up - that's strength only God can give! So, that's what dystonia has to do with 9/11 - it's remembering those who cared enough to help another person get out alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment