Friday, September 26, 2014

Day 26 - Dystonia and a Dream + Taylor Swift

Last night, I had the wildest dream and it all revolved around my walker. :) Of all the millions of things I could dream about, and I dream about that! Thankfully, this is the first time that's ever happened.

The funny thing is, I wasn't even using the walker in my dream. :)

I dreamed that my walker was being used in a video - a cheerleading video at that!! What in the world?!! I don't know if I was back at my old high school or what, but my walker was definitely being used in a cheer routine. And the routine was being filmed. I knew it was MY walker because of the cherries on the seat padding (which is the case in real life). At first (in the dream) I was stunned that my walker was the center of attention and then I was mad and I went around to all these people to see who was behind all of it. But I ended up being OK with them using it in the routine. The end. I woke up, or I just don't remember the rest. :) Either way, it ended there.

It took me a lot longer this morning to make my bed because my blankets were all intertwined with each other and all out of sorts. I kind of wonder if I was doing cheer moves in my sleep?! My college roommate once told me that she thought I wrestled in my sleep, so it's feasible that I could have been doing cheer moves, although in real life, I've never been a cheerleader.

I've been trying to figure out where the dream came from. :) Was is something that I ate? No. After pondering it all day, I think I figured it out! It's all Taylor Swift's fault. :) I love, love, love her song "Shake It Off". But let's be honest, I love all Taylor Swift's songs. Anyway, in the music video for "Shake It Off", Taylor plays a cheerleader in one of the scenes and even though I wasn't watching the video last night, I had the song on my mind and my subconscious must have been thinking about the video too.

Dystonia has made its presence known the past couple of days just a little more than usual. I think it might be the changing of the seasons. But in all honesty, I don't know why some days I'm good and some days I can't stop tripping or slipping or just having an "off" day. So, to cheer myself up, I've been listening to "Shake It Off". It's done the job and obviously a little bit more! It's kind of funny that the song that can get me in a good mood is titled "Shake It Off" when what I'm dealing with revolves around my mind wanting my body to move fast, but my feet just not cooperating. My brain wants to do one thing, but my body does another. So, I just "Shake It Off" and move on. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Dr Williams I am so mush happy today, I have been suffering from cervical dystonia for the past 8 years now, and i have spent a lot on western drugs which has all proved abortive, i have tried all means in life to become dystonia free , but there was no answer until i decided to try herbal solution and i found Dr Williams online and i contacted him and after I took his medication as instructed, i am now completely free from dystonia within one month of usage, i am so much happy, thanks to Dr Williams for helping me get my life back again without any form of crisis, i promise to tell your name and good deeds to the whole world,if you have dystonia you can always go through his website on dystoniacure.blogspot.com for more information ..

    ReplyDelete