Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Day 24 - Dystonia and Being Tough

I'll be the first to admit that I am not tough. I never have been. I cry at the drop of hat, get my feelings hurt easily and am generally just not what the world defines as tough.

And yet, I am.
I am tough because God makes me tough when I need to be.

My dad once told me in the beginning of my dystonia journey that he believed that I was tougher than I thought I was. I'm beginning to think he may be right. ;) However, I know I am not tough on my own. I am tough because of the Lord. For when I am weak, He is strong. When I don't think I can do something, He is there to give me a push. :) And, if I stumble or fall, He's there to pick me up.

If I may be so bold, I think God is using dystonia to make me tough. I know that He uses everything for His good. I hate dystonia, but at the same time, I feel like I'm being refined by it. Not defined, but refined. God's using it to make me tough. To make me bold. To make me courageous. I have had to do so many things outside of my comfort zone because of it.

I've had to ask for help.
I've had to be humble.
I've had to put away my pride.
I've had to speak up.

All these things and more, He is using to mold me into the person He wants me to be.
Yes, dystonia is what it is, but God is using it to show me, that I am tougher than I ever thought I was and that I am important to Him.

To be tough to me, means to be strong in the Lord. I don't want people to look at me and say "oh poor her, she's so weak". I want them to say, "Look at her, she's so tough! Where does she get her strength from?" For then I can say, "My strength comes from the Lord. It is He who makes me tough. It is He who sees me through."




No comments:

Post a Comment