Saturday, September 21, 2013

I'm happier than a duck in water :)

When I think of all my blessings, I can't help but be happier than a duck in water!
Here are some of those blessings that happened just today....

I slept in, listening to the rain on the roof, thankful I had a warm bed to lie in and a sturdy roof over my head to keep the rain out!

I exercised and loved every minute of it. I am so thankful, that even with dystonia, I can exercise. I had always heard of that "runner's high", but I thought it was a joke and people who got it were crazy. That is, until I experienced it myself. I may not be running (I bike on a stationary bike), but I definitely get that high that runners get. The endorphins are amazing and exercising - well it makes me feel awesome!!!


I cleaned my bathroom. Yep, even cleaning the bathroom makes me happy! I also didn't mind doing it because I knew I wasn't missing out on outside activites because of the rain (hey, you have to find a silver lining in everything!)

Not sure if you can actually tell that I cleaned it, but trust me, I did!! The before picture is on the left and the after is on the right ;)

I got to read more of an awesome book - "Sum It Up" by Tennessee Lady Vols (former) head coach, Pat Summitt. I actually gave this book to my Mom for Mother's Day because she said she would love to read it. She did (read it and love it) and even got it autographed! Now she's letting me borrow it :) It's an awesome book, made that much better, because I know some of the people Pat speaks about in the book (LaTina, Dean...) Nothing better to do on a rainy day than read a book!

I washed all my bed sheets, my comforter and all my rugs. I'm telling you, freshly washed sheets and rugs are the absolute best! They bring a smile to my face.

Speaking of smiles, this sure brings one to my face:
I like to call it the redneck fix :) As you can tell, I still have an old school TV in my bedroom and after years of sitting on the shelf with no problems, the shelf gave way and the TV - well it came toppling down. It's dinged up pretty bad, but thankfully not the screen and it still works perfectly! So, I had to have Dad come over and lift it off the floor for me and we had to set up a contraption to hold the shelf up (because the screws were stripped right out of it). And this is what we came up with. This was months ago. But every time I watch TV, it makes me laugh. Sometimes, you gotta do, what you gotta do! I just hope I don't want to read any of those books any time soon! I'll eventually get it fixed (and buy a new TV), but for now, this works perfectly and more importantly, makes me laugh :)

I watched the Tennessee Vols. Whether they win or whether they lose it's still great to be a Tennessee Vol!


I vaccuumed. It's fun, because my vacuum has a light on it. I know you're all super jealous and to make you even more jealous, here's a picture of said vacuum:

Can I just say...I LOVE a vacuumed room!

Of my previous posts (I know, there are soooo many of them with a grand total of 7, but hey, you gotta start somewhere!) The one that got the MOST page views was the one I titled "I'm happier than a camel on Wednesday :)" So that got me thinking that maybe everyone else enjoys the simple things in life, just as much as I do! That makes me super happy!!

And tomorrow is SUNDAY. I get to go to church and worship the Lord. There is NOTHING better in life than to give praise to the One who gave me life and then redeemed my life!!! These lyrics have been running around in my head all day:
"I am blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's going to be my strength...." (from the song Trading My Sorrows by Delirious?)

And that my friends is why I'm happier than a duck in water! I hope you can say the same and be blessed by all the simple things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment