Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I'm happier than a camel on Wednesday :)

Today, I'm happy, happy, happy (in the words of Phil Roberston of Duck Dynasty!) Why, you ask? There's actually no particular reason at all. I'm just glad to be alive and thankful for all the good things in life!
Like the song "It's a Great Day to Be Alive" By Travis Tritt....when he sings:
"And it's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shinin'
When I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neighborhood
But why can't everyday be just this good"

Some things that made my day happy....
I actually made it to the gas station WITHOUT running out of gas!!! This is a huge victory for me, as you see, I tend to push it to the limit and well, that's caused me to run out of gas a couple of times. But hey, like I posted on Facebook, I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, the gas in my car tends to get really low :)
Then, I realized that I actually got 30.5 MPG this trip around and it made me so happy!
It puts a smile on my face when I think about that Geico commercial with the camel who keeps asking "Guess what day it is!" I LOVE that commercial...seriously just ask any of my co-workers and they will let you know how happy it makes me! A few weeks ago, I printed the below picture off for one of my co-workers, Sarah, who despises the phrase "Hump Day". But the sign did make her laugh. Well, today, I walked into work to find the sign on my desk!! And it seriously brought the biggest smile to my face!
The work day was awesome. I am so incredibly blessed to be working in a field that I LOVE! I have the best co-workers, the best bosses and the well, the best job! At the end of a meeting I was in today, someone asked one of our bosses how his father was doing after he had major heart surgery. The conversation went something like this:
Co-Worker: How's your Dad doing?
Boss: He's doing well. He' still hasn't gotten all of his strength back, but he's walking around the house some without his walker
Me: Hey! I can't even do that! So he must be doing well! :)
It's always good when you can laugh at your circumstances, in spite your circumstances!!
After work, I got to go to church, which always makes me happy!
And soon it will be time for a new episode of Duck Dynasty!

I have a phrase I use often "It's the little things in life that make me happy". Today's "little things" added up to huge happiness. I hope you can find joy in the littlest of things too. It's the ordinary things that add up to the extraordinary events that make life worth living. I hope you're happier than a camel on Wednesday and I hope the Joy of the Lord's is yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment