Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Tune-In-Tuesday: January 8, 2019

Today is Elvis’ birthday. That has nothing to do with walking or any updates, I just thought it was interesting to lead with that. A few years ago, I finally got the chance to visit Graceland and even though it was pouring down rain, it was fun to see!

The past week has been pretty good. No new updates. Walking’s been better, but it’s also been worse as well, so I am very thankful that it hasn’t been as bad as those times. I have a neurologist appointment on January 17. It’ll be the first time I see him since having the battery replaced. I’ve gotten to the point where I’m contemplating giving myself more electricity, but then I talk myself out of it because I see him next week and it takes a good two weeks to see any difference. And now you’ve just experienced the craziness that goes through my head when debating on adjusting anything – ha. If it worked instantly, I don’t think I’d have nearly as many thoughts going through my head on what to do. Oh well. Such is life and in the scheme of things this is not a major thing, but it can be frustrating sometimes.

My mom got me a pair of shoes for Christmas and they are the best. They fit perfectly and give my feet so much support. It’s like walking on air. I extremely dislike shopping for shoes. I must buy shoes that fit and support, over what’s trendy and that really takes the fun out of things. Truth be told, I don’t think I’ve ever liked shoe shopping. When I opened the shoes she got me, I immediately put them on. It wasn’t until later in the day that Mom asked, “Do you think it’s time to cut the tags off them?!” She’d found keepers! ๐Ÿ˜Š A few days later she said that she went back to the store where she bought them, and they had a pair in black (what I got on Christmas was brown) which was the original color she wanted but they didn’t have them in my size before Christmas. So now I have a pair in brown and black!

Related to the shoes – my feet have shrunk! I knew that my left had because it’s the “problem” one, but now my right has too. Is that normal? I don’t think so, but maybe I’m wrong. I used to wear an 8 ½ and now I wear an 8. But maybe it’s like clothes – not all 8 1/2 ‘s are the same?! Just another observation I’ve made on this journey. Maybe like your waistline, your feet shrink?! I have no clue! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I hope everyone’s having a lovely week so far. Always remember…God’s Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment