Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Tune In Tuesday: January 1, 2019

Happy New Year!!! Wow, it's 2019...how did that happen so quickly?! It also happens to be a Tuesday, which is my normal blog post time. I almost forgot it was Tuesday because this past week has been a jumble of days. I've been off of work and am having the hardest time remembering what day of the week each day has been. I don't mind that all, although I do love routine, my co-workers and job. It's been so fun to hang out with family and just relax.

My walking has gotten a little better than when I last posted. I haven't fallen, so that's always a good thing. Over the past week, I celebrated 1 year of taking yoga classes. Again, where has the time gone?! Where once I thought yoga was kind of a joke (I was ignorant of what it truly does!), now I know that it helps! I've gained a new friend and cheerleader with my instructor. For Christmas, my mom got me new yoga clothes and my niece, Hope, showed me her downward dog pose, which was spot on! She's so flexible, but she is only 2 and 1/2! :)

Yesterday, on New Years Eve, Mom and I went to Dollywood. This is HUGE on many, many levels. As mentioned on this blog before, I have panic attacks. I've had them for well over half my life. When we first moved to Tennessee, 25 years ago, Mom and Dad got us all season passes to Dollywood. You'd think a 13 year old would love going to Dollywood any chance she could get, but I struggled with it. I hadn't been to Dollywood since way before my walking issues arose. I wasn't that worried about it yesterday (why I wasn't worried, I don't know, I just wasn't!), but I brought my cane just in case. Mom had something better: a stroller. Yes, a baby stroller. We had no baby with us, just a stroller! But it worked!! I had such a glorious day with Mom. Truly, it's one of those days that I'll always remember. I had so much fun. It might have taken me 25 years, but I didn't have any major panic attacks and I could walk!! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Mom and I are alike in that we love to watch all the shows. It was still decorated for Christmas (because everything should still be decorated for Christmas until January 6 - Epiphany!) and it was gorgeous. The weather cooperated too - it was 72 degrees on December 31!! We made it home in time to watch, with Dad, the ball drop on TV ushering in 2019. I am so very thankful and blessed to have had such a wonderful day of memory making fun!

This past week, I've found so many good "things" on Facebook. I'm not sure how to describe them other than that - haha. Are they quotes? Are they pictures? I don't know, but they're so great that I want to post some of them here. They really spoke to my heart - each in a different way. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I'll post them in the order I found them:

The first one:

This one, I did not find on Facebook. This is the sign that my mom (and dad!) gave me for Christmas. My mom told me to hang it by the door so that I would read it each time I left the house and believe it. So, I hung it right where she told me to! (Please forgive my dirty wall...I really need to clean it!)

This one I need to read every day too! God's time is not necessarily my time. He's got this. He knows what He is doing. After all, He is God!!

This one spoke to my heart on many different levels (as in, I should not judge, but also about seasons of life and growth in life).:


And one more:

Thank you for reading this post! May this new year - 2019 - bring you joy and peace. Always remember, God's Got This!


No comments:

Post a Comment