Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: May 1, 2018

This post is going to be a little different tonight. I had a "rough draft" of what I thought I was going to blog about tonight but decided to throw that out the window and praise Jesus. Yes, praise Jesus. Too often, I'm way too pessimistic. As I was sitting in traffic on my way home from yoga tonight, I decided that I would ONLY praise Jesus in this post. So here goes: a sampling of things that have happened in the past week in which I only have Jesus to thank and praise for. In no particular order, here's my thank you note to Him:

- I didn't fall!
- I made it to the gas station without running out of gas AND I got .20 cents per gallon off.
- I have a job that I love and co-workers who I love even more.
- I had a friend walk with me on Sunday morning into church (thank you, Tina).
- I'm able to pay for medication and doctors visits, when so many around the world aren't.
- I got to see both of my nieces. I witnessed one get giddy about putting her money in the offering plate at church and the other, ever so sweetly and subtly, came up and put her hand in mine and we stood hand-in-hand. Precious moments indeed.
- My hair is long enough to put into a ponytail! (Mom, if you're reading this, I am going to cut it soon, because it needs it, I just haven't had time.)
- I can use my left arm and hand (I was once again reminded tonight that there was a time right after DBS surgery that I couldn't.).
- There is no such thing as "bad" walking. Either you walk or you don't. (Thank you, Jack for those wise words that I still carry with me all the time).
- It's MAY and it was warm outside today. I love, love, love warm weather. There's also more sunlight which does my soul good.
- Even when it's hard, I love yoga. I love my instructor and the encouragement she gives. She's a bright light in this world.
- As I was stuck in traffic, I was able to view the most spectacular sunset and listen to hymns by Amy Grant.
- I get to watch a favorite TV show tonight and eat ice cream.

I know there are so many other things I could list, big and small, but the above is just a sampling. Even when life seems overwhelming and hard, if you really look for it, good is always there. Good is always there because God is there. My "life verse" is Philippians 4:6: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." However, just a couple of verses before that, Philippians 4:4 states, "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Tonight, I'm rejoicing in Jesus. Life's tough, but God's Got This!




No comments:

Post a Comment