Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: April 24, 2018

Since this morning I've been trying to come up with something to write about on this blog. It's now 8:11 pm and I just got home from yoga. I've got rice cooking in the microwave and I'm just now sitting down to write. I've been trying to come up with something witty or funny, but nothing's come to mind. Nothing! I'm having major writer's block. I can't think of anything wise or inspiring or funny or sarcastic or anything and it's driving me nuts!! So, I guess I'll just be boring and state the facts. :)

Over the week, I collected a couple of cool quotes that I've been pondering.



I had a pretty good week overall. I didn't fall (yay!) and I had some better walking days. I did decide on Saturday (after a week) to take the electricity in my deep brain stimulation device back down to 3.20 volts.


I was still experiencing some random spasms that weren't allowing me to completely trust that my legs would hold me. So I'm back to where Dr. Tollesson had set the electricity back in March. In my unscientific, untrained mind, I think that my brain just needed a little kick-start. It got complacent. So I turned the electricity up a couple of notches and then slowly turned it back down. We'll see if this works - ha! You may be hearing next week that I've adjusted it again. I'm just thankful that I can adjust it. When I really sit down and think about that (adjusting it), it still amazes me. What a complex, awesome, unique body we have. I thank God that he's given doctors the wisdom and knowledge to be able to fix things that go awry in our bodies. We most definitely are uniquely and wonderfully made!

I'll close with this: even when I get down or discouraged or don't think progress is coming as quickly as I'd like it, I remind myself that God is God and I am not and He knows what He is doing. I am learning so much through this journey and I'm completely in awe of how awesome God is. This I know for sure - God's Got This!!

No comments:

Post a Comment