Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: May 22, 2018

As I write this blog post tonight, I'm reflecting on the week that was and thanking Jesus for it. It was pretty great. Not perfect, but wonderful all the same. There weren't any life-changing events that took place, but walking was better! Sure, there were times when it wasn't great, but for the most part, walking came a little easier and for that, I praise Jesus.

It was either Wednesday or Thursday that I tripped. I was at home and I even remember thinking, "Oh this is going to hurt." because I was on tile floor. But, just as sure as I thought I was going to fall, I didn't. My leg held. I attribute that to Divine intervention and to the strengthening of my legs. Yesterday, as I was leaving work, I saw someone (from a distance) trip. She didn't fall, but could have. It just made me realize again that everyone at some point trips, slips or falls.

If you know me, you know I'm not a daredevil. I'm very cautious and reserved for the most part. But there is one thing, since brain surgery, that I've fallen in love with. I never in a million years would have thought I'd fall in love with it, but I have. It's riding a motorcycle. I know it's dangerous, but so is walking across the street sometimes. Friends at church caught on to my desire to ride a motorcycle and a year ago, I rode for the first time. It was a blast! On Saturday, I got to ride again with the same friends. The first time was kind of short, but this second time was a little longer: 131 miles. It was so much fun. The wind in my hair, the speed, the views...everything was spectacular. I pondered why I like riding so much and came to this conclusion: I can't walk fast. Maybe I'll get that back someday, but for today, I can't. Since I can't walk or move fast, I find myself wanting to be "fast" in other areas of my life. Riding a motorcycle fulfills that want/need. I tend to be a fast driver too, according to my dad. I'm working on this and slowing it down, but I just like to be fast. I don't want to be dangerous or reckless, just fast. :) I really am trying to be conscience though of my speed in a car.

Sunday, I had a little trouble getting into church, but God provided a friend (Whitney) to help me in. Again, I wanted to walk fast, but the harder I tried, the more problems I had. I was again reminded that sometimes the simple touch of a hand can calm my muscles. This was evident in walking up to and back from communion. I held my niece, Hope's hand and had no problems walking. Hope's two. There would be no way she'd be able to catch me if I fell, but the simple touch of her hand in mine calmed me so much that I didn't even think about falling.

Sunday night, I had a horrible night's sleep. I don't know what was with me, but I woke up at 2 am and couldn't go back to sleep. Needless to say, I was struggling yesterday to stay awake. I decided to go to bed super early last night. I was in bed at 8:40 pm. The next thing I knew my alarm was going off this morning. I had a superb night's sleep. Today was beautiful. I walked with confidence. I love days like today when walking comes more natural. I didn't struggle as much. Thank you, Jesus! Yoga tonight was fantastic. I learned new things. I adapted. I did. I tried everything. My instructor was surprised by some of the things I could do. There were other things that had to be adapted, but I still did them. I'll never know what I can or can't do unless I try. That was the theme of the night. I did things that surprised both my instructor and myself. And then there were things that I thought would come easy that didn't necessarily come easy. But it's all OK. I'm still learning to give myself grace. In the meantime, I have my yoga instructor to help me in that area - haha!

It was a beautiful week last week. For in the little things, I found my greatest joy. Life doesn't have to have earth-shattering moments to be memorable and enjoyable. God grants us pleasure in the little things as well. I'm reflecting on those "little" things that turn into big things. Thank you, Jesus for granting me more ease in walking and more confidence in facing those times when walking didn't come as easy. I will always remember that "God's Got This!".

No comments:

Post a Comment