Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Turn-It-Up Tuesday: June 7

On this addition of Turn-It-Up Tuesday, I turned my deep brain stimulation remote on this morning and was greeted with this message:

After flipping through the entire manual, I finally found out what it meant. Thankfully, it wasn't anything too bad. ;) It just means that the battery in the remote is running low and I should change it. This is NOT the deep brain stimulation battery which is implanted in me, it's just the remote. Whew! I can change that one, no big deal! I turned the remote off for a second and turned it back on (without changing the battery) and it didn't give me the same message. So maybe, it was just a glitch. Anyway, after that little "scare", I turned up the electricity in my brain to 4.00 volts.
I’ll stay at this voltage for a month now. This is part of the plan. If I don’t see any results at this level in a month, then I can switch frequencies and start all over again with turning the voltage up. I’m currently on Frequency A. Frequency B, according to Dr. T., stimulates more of the brain. So, I have my most favorite thing in the world to do: wait! And if you can’t tell, I was being highly sarcastic on that last sentence. ;)

Today, I almost bit the dust in my bathroom which resulted in this:
I said I almost bit the dust, but I didn't!! Yay. :)

Note to self (AGAIN!): Do not grab ahold of things that are already loose, it won’t help you! (This also includes: oven doors, refrigerator doors and pretty much any doors for that matter!).

After that incident, I tripped on the way into work too (but didn’t fall). It was just one of those mornings!! ;) But even after all of this I have been extremely HAPPY today. What?!?!! ;) Where did that come from?!! It came from God. Thank you, thank you, God for that! Here are a couple of other reasons that I'm happy:

I found this on my desk at work yesterday:
I don’t know who gave it to me (although I have a few suspicions), but it brought a smile to my face and has given me the greatest joy whenever I look at it. So, if you’re the person that gave it to me and you’re reading this blog, just know that I love it! Thank you.

Another reason I’m so happy is due to a conversation I had with a co-worker yesterday. I asked her about her weekend. She said she went and saw the movie, “Me Before You”. I told her I want to see it. I haven’t read the book, but the movie looks great. She said that if I want a good cry, it's the movie to see . :) But she also said that one of the underlying themes of the movie is to be happy with your circumstances, whatever they may be. This 2 minute conversation has resonated with me: be happy with where you are in life.

I shouldn't compare myself to others and yet that’s constantly what I do. I am working on this though. I'm working on being happy whether I walk assistance free or if, after all of this, God deems that I'll do more good in this world continuing to use a walker or a cane. God allowed me to realize again that if the deep brain stimulation does not work, that I've done all I can do. Each week, my faith gets stronger. It gets stronger because I'm not seeing any results yet. It's amazing to me how God works through my struggles to increase my faith in Him.

I took these pictures today of my real hair and had to laugh - it's so wild and unruly right now. I continually have massive bed-head!! But, it's OK, because I'm still using the wig. :)

I have had a joy-filled day and it’s not because I can suddenly walk without a walker. It’s not because I felt any electricity in my toes or leg. It's because God allowed me to have it. He put the joy in my heart. And for that, I am very, very thankful. God is showing me through the struggles, just how blessed I truly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment