Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tune-In Tuesday: June 14

Today was not a "Turn-It-Up Tuesday", which is why this post is not titled as such. Instead it’s a "Tune-In Tuesday". ;) I’m holding steady at 4.00 volts until July 5. It’s to see if anything happens at this level. Last week I thought that I might not have anything to talk about this week (since I’m not turning anything up), but that’s not the case. ;)

Before I go on, I just want to reiterate that I’m documenting everything I’ve noticed that’s different since the surgeries. These things may or may not be related to the deep brain stimulation, but I want to document them, just in case they are. I’m also probably being a hypochondriac with some of this stuff! Oh well. ;) My “symptoms” are weird and random. I'm just warning you.

I didn’t really even notice until half-way through the week, but the knuckles on my left hand hurt. I told you it was weird and random! They ache like I’ve been clenching my hand in a fist. The thing is, I haven’t been clenching my hand in a fist. I don’t have to be doing anything and they still ache. And it’s only my left hand. The knuckles on my right are fine. My upper left arm hurts too, like someone punched it or I had a shot in it – neither of which has actually happened. It’s not as prominent as the ache in my knuckles, but it’s there.

I have always been much more of a morning person then I am a night person, but I’ve noticed since all the surgeries that it’s flip-flopped. Mornings are a little harder and I get a second wind around 3pm. What’s that about?!! It probably has nothing to do with DBS, but it’s something I’ve noticed.

This past week, I’ve also noticed that it’s harder for me to start walking, but once I start, my walking is more fluid. But, then sometimes, I’m walking along “fine” and have to stop, to (in my words!) have my brain catch up with my feet. These two things totally contradict each other, so maybe I’m making too much of it!

That’s it for this week (and believe me, that’s plenty!). So now I wait and look for new things to happen. June 29th is the 3 month mark after the device was turned on. The doctor said I should be seeing effects of the deep brain stimulation within 3-6 months of it being turned on. I hope God allows it to be 3 months instead of 6 (or even longer). I have a feeling though that it may not happen in 3 months. God's time is not always my time! But then again, maybe it will! So, I’m going to quit trying to read God’s mind (because I wouldn’t be successful at it anyway) and just take each day as it comes.

I’ll end with this. I had the song “Always” stuck in my head today and I think it’s a perfect reminder of what I should do and what God always does.

"Always"
by Kristian Stanfill

My foes are many, they rise against me
But I will hold my ground
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

Troubles surround me, chaos abounding
My soul will rest in You
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
From You Lord, from You Lord

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always, always

2 comments:

  1. That song is beautiful. I enjoy your blogs. Your faith is a beautiful thing to see. Like Mike you are sharing your faith and impacting people's life.

    ReplyDelete