Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June 29 = 3 Months!

I know, I just posted yesterday. I didn't forget. It was "Tune-In Tuesday" after all! But today: June 29 marks the 3 month mark of when my deep brain stimulation device was turned on. I thought the occasion was worth another post. Plus, I'm in a MUCH better mood today then I was yesterday. Two posts in two days will probably mean less readers, but I'm OK with that.

Four months ago, on February 29 (yes, leap day!), I had my last deep brain stimulation surgery. I was still unable to use my left hand that had temporarily been paralyzed during surgery #2 and I had my head shaved (again).

Three months ago, on March 29, I had my deep brain stimulation device turned on. On that day, I imagined that on June 29 I’d have hair again and I’d be walking walker and cane free.

And now, June 29th has come.
Yes, I have more hair on my head then I did on March 29. But, I’m not wig-free yet.
And more importantly: I’m still using the walker and the cane.

As opposed to yesterday, when I was in some kind of funk, today (despite the disappointment of not being “assistance free” while walking), I’m in a much better mood and am feeling blessed. I’m choosing to count my blessings instead of my disappointments. My time is not God’s.

I don’t mean to sound arrogant, but I know in my soul that God has something big planned for my life. Shoot, it may be even happening now and I’m just not aware of it yet.

Three months is on the very cusp of when the doctor’s said that I should be feeling something from the DBS surgeries. Doctors may put me on a time line. I myself might put me on a timeline. But time to God doesn’t exist. His time is His time. When He speaks it, it is.

So….I’ll wait and I’ll practice walking and God will answer in His time and in His way and all will be well.

I saw the "verse of the day" today on my YouVersion Bible app and I thought it very appropriate:
“Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” Psalm 51:12

I also looked up a few Bible verses on "walking". And here two of my favorites:

“He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God.” Acts 3:8

“Then Jesus said to him, “Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.” John 5:8

My 3 month mark was not what I expected it to be. But that's OK, because "God's Got This" and in HIS time, everything will work for His glory.


1 comment:

  1. We sing a song that has one line in it that I try to remember
    "Even if He doesn't move the mountain I want Him to move,
    I will trust in Him"
    You are doing that and I know that is hard. Your faith rediates from you and you are a great witness to all that meet you.

    ReplyDelete