Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Turn-It-Up Tuesday: May 31


Now it’s Turn-It-Up Tuesday and I did turn my deep brain stimulation device up to 3.90 volts.

Still nothing. No difference whatsoever in walking. I’m getting used to this! Maybe that’s the way God’s going to allow this to go so that when the day comes, I’ll be completely surprised yet completely overjoyed by it. He seems to work a lot like that in my life.  ;)
I’m a little more discouraged today then I was on Sunday, but I’m not hopeless. Yesterday, I almost fell. Almost. I was able to catch myself before doing so. I’ve been tripping a lot lately. No more than before the DBS surgeries, but more than I thought I’d be after them. Last Wednesday, I couldn’t get my balance at all. But, thankfully that only lasted a day.
It's when I started to get discouraged that God brings in the reinforcements.
My friend, Savannah, tagged me in this photo yesterday. I’m guessing that I must be a pretty good actor around her, because I don’t always have joy in my heart. But thank you, Savannah for thinking I do!

I definitely want to live by this model, but I also know I've got a lot to work on. Some days choosing joy is easy, other days, it's as hard as learning to walk without a walker.

Just when I needed it most today, my friend Kristen tagged me in this photo. Just another gentle reminder!

A co-worker asked if I turned the device up today and I told him I had, but didn’t see any results yet. He said, “That’s OK, we’ll dance next week.” ;)

And to close the night, I got to play with BOTH of my nieces. That brought joy upon joy to me. I love those girls with all my heart!
Yes, when I start getting discouraged, God definitely brings in the reinforcements!! Thank you, God for them. Thank you to everyone for all the encouragement. Thank you for being a part of my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment