Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Tune-In-Tuesday: August 6, 2019

UPDATE: 8/7/19 How could I forget this?! Oh my goodness. I had to update this post first thing this morning because I didn't make mention of THE most important thing that happened last week. God brought it to my mind this morning. Last Wednesday night instead of our usual service at church we had one of praying and anointing based off James 5:14: "Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord." All those who were weak and heavy burdened could come. Whether spiritually, emotionally or physically sick, we could come and be prayed for and anointed with oil. THAT'S why I've walked so much better this week. Lord, please forgive me for forgetting this last night when I initially wrote this post. It's all about Jesus, ya'll. He's the reason I walk. He's the reason I can find joy even when walking isn't great. God's Got This!
____________________________________________________________

ORIGINAL: 8/6/19 The past week has been pretty good. I’m walking better - yay! I didn’t change anything (medicine or electricity). I’m just walking better. Of course, I have moments where walking is difficult but overall, walking has been a bit easier and I’m so very grateful for that.

Before I write a blog post, I ask God to let me know what I should blog about (and to recall things that happened throughout the week). Some weeks I have a lot to update on and the words just come to me. Other weeks, there’s not a lot to update on or stories to tell and I look at a blank screen wondering what I should write about. If you follow the blog, you know I always come up with something to write about, but some weeks are harder than others. This past week was one of those weeks that was pretty good, and I don’t have a lot to write about. But if you ask God what you should write about, you should be ready for Him to answer 😉. Take for instance tonight. As I was walking out of work, I noticed that there was a car parked in one of the very front spots in the parking lot. It was an Uber waiting on someone. At the very moment I noticed the Uber, I stumbled a little, but I caught myself and I didn’t fall. Then all the sudden I noticed the Uber driver had leaped out of his car and was walking towards me. He asked if he could help me with anything. He might have thought I was the one who had called an Uber, but no matter the circumstances, he still asked if there was anything he could do for me. There wasn’t anything he could help me with as I was within steps of my own car and my walking had gotten better. Sometimes tripping just loosens me up – it’s a weird phenomenon. There are times I just walk better after tripping. I have NO explanation for it. Anyway, whether the Uber guy thought he was driving me or not, I still thought it sweet that he made sure I was OK. However, the moral of the story is, don’t ask God to give you stories to fill your blog posts unless you’re ready to trip over your own two feet to get the story. 😊

Speaking of feet, another weird phenomenon: I have these shoes that I love. They aren’t very supportive, but they stay on my feet, I like them and can walk in them. I’m wearing them now, as a matter of fact! The insole of the right footed shoe came out the other day and I noticed that my foot was sticking to the shoe. All the while I was losing my footing and slipping on the insole of my left shoe. I decided to rip out that insole and voila, I no longer feel like I’m losing my grip or slipping in that shoe. Go figure.

I’ve been going through weird bouts of not being able to sleep through the night. It doesn’t happen every night but there are nights that I will wake up at 1:30am or 2:00am and be wide awake. So much so that one night this past week, I got up, made all my lunches for the week, watched a documentary, and emptied the dishwasher. I woke up last night around 3am and by 3:50, I decided that I’d go ahead and get my workout done for the day. I did that, then got a shower all by 5:30am. I decided to see if I could sleep a little bit more before I went to work. I managed to “rest”, but didn’t fall completely asleep. My foot kept me awake because it was spasming. That was probably a result of me exercising without taking medication first. Symptoms get worse with repetitive motions as in riding a stationary bike (like I did). Lesson learned: don’t get up that early to work out (or take medication before so as not to have spasms afterwards) – haha.

I’ll end with some randomness for your day/night: If you know me at all, you know that I love television. I work in television. 😉 I was re-watching (for probably the millionth time) episodes of Code Black which was a TV drama that aired on CBS a few years ago. It struck me that in all the scenes where the patient has just had brain surgery (one was for a shunt replacement and one was for deep brain stimulation – and now you know why I liked the show so much!), they wrap the patient’s forehead in gauze. Um, that’s not at all what happens after those surgeries. Yeah, I know they must get their point across that the patient just had brain surgery, so they’re taking liberties, but that’s not even the part of the head/brain where the surgeries take place! I’m just saying… 😊

And with that, I’ll close this post. Have a wonderful week and know that in ALL things, God’s Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment