Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: November 27, 2018

I have never heard of this before, but I guess this is where my naivety about such things shines brightly. I went to get one of my dystonia medications refilled and was told that they were out of stock and the medication was on back-order. The manufacturer was telling the pharmacy that they wouldn't be able to supply them with the medication until January. Now grant it, January isn't too far away, but I'd need the medication before January! The pharmacist informed me that he had called other pharmacy's and they were out of the medication too. His advice to me was to call other pharmacy's (that he hadn't already called) or call my doctor and tell him the situation. Thankfully (praise Jesus!), I called Walmart's pharmacy and they had some - crisis averted!

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with family. In fact, it was so wonderful that I celebrated Thanksgiving twice! Dad and Mom had their book-end children and my grandmother on Thanksgiving. My two middle brothers were with their in-laws. But the day after Thanksgiving, one of my middle brothers and his family came and celebrated with us. Mom's cooking is just that good - we had it both nights!

After Thanksgiving, I started putting up all my Christmas decorations. I love Christmas and decorating for it. I bought a new Christmas tree this year since my other one's lights bit the dust last year and I had to improvise. The new tree is 7.5ft, only half an inch taller than my previous tree, but that half of an inch caused me some problems. One, I couldn't reach the top to put the star on. I have a little step ladder and I tried, but I was way too off balance. My mom came over and I thought maybe if she "held" me, I could do it, but it turns out that didn't work either. My dad came over and he was able to put the star on the tree, but we realized that the star was touching the ceiling. That's how we ended up leaving it (because what else could we have done?). I should of taken Dad up on his offer to connect the star to a power source, but truth be told I had to go get (buy) another extension cord. I did that and was easily able to connect the star to it. However, in doing that, I somehow made the star move (I didn't feel myself tugging on it or anything.). So, as of now, the star's on facing the side of the tree. I tried rotating the tree to no avail. Dad will have to come back and fix it for me, but I didn't feel like I could bother him again last night when he had just been over the day before! I'll ask him tomorrow...maybe he can stop by after church. I'm trying also to find the beauty in the "imperfectly perfect". So the star's a little crooked. ;)

I got tickets from a friend at work for the Fantasy of Trees that was held at the convention center this past weekend. Mom and I went on Sunday afternoon and had a great time. But, it's at times like this that I realize I'm not as great at walking as I want to believe. It's just that I have to go at my own pace sometimes, so when I'm with someone that's walking faster I see that I can't do that (yet). At least I am able to walk, even if it's not perfect.

I'm very thankful, grateful and blessed by everyone and everything in my life. Taking time to reflect on all of that over Thanksgiving was wonderful. Always remember, God's Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment