Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Tune-in-Tuesday: November 13, 2018


I've been thinking about what to write about tonight. My walking has not been the greatest this past week. But I can also say it hasn't been the worst either. The weather hasn't played nice (meaning it's been cold and wet) and I know that's contributed to my walking woes, but as I sit here tonight writing this post I can truthfully say that I am still blessed beyond measure. On a day-to-day basis, I can get incredibly frustrated about things, but when I actually take the time to reflect on things, I can only see how blessed I am.

I was talking with a co-worker today about my nieces (I mean, who's surprised by that?!). She said something like "all those girls" and I said to her that what a lot of people don't know is that the family is dominated by boys. I have three brothers and no sisters, I'm the only girl out of 11 grandchildren on my Mom's side and I'm one of only two girls out of 11 grandchildren on my Dad's side. Boys are everywhere!! :) My co-worker remarked that God must have been listening to someone's prayers about letting girls be born into the family, to which I replied, "Mine! He answered MY prayers! Talk about patience and waiting on the Lord, it took 34 years, but God finally answered MY prayers about girls!" No sooner had the words come out of my mouth that I realized GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS ALL THE TIME ON HIS OWN TIME. I've known this, but it was just a reminder that He does listen and hear and answer prayer. What does this have to do with my walking? It reminded me again to continue to pray for healing. He is able. I am so much better than I was, but I still struggle. Maybe that's the answer He wants me to accept, but maybe not. So I must keep praying, keep asking, keep having faith that God knows all and He knows what He is doing in my life.

Yesterday, I did something I've never done before: I took the wrong medicine at the wrong time. I'm supposed to take this one medication twice a day. It's a Parkinson's drug, but helps with muscle spasms. I usually take it right when I get up in the morning and then after lunch. Yesterday, I took it three times. As soon as I swallowed it, I knew I'd taken the wrong meds. I was still at work (but it was the end of the work day) and my co-worker (the same one I talked about in the above paragraph) was still there too. I immediately said, "I took the wrong meds!" to which she replied, "Do we need to take you to get your stomach pumped?!" So maybe we were both being a little dramatic - haha! I looked up the medication and its side-effects and I wasn't going to die or overdose from taking it three times a day instead of two, but it did rattle me a little because I'm usually so careful about that kind of thing. The funny thing is, if I were in trouble, I have an ER doctor brother and a pharmacist sister-in-law that I could call or see if need be.

Does anyone watch The Good Doctor? It's one of my "new" (it's in its second season on ABC) favorite shows. I love it. A couple of weeks back they had a DBS story line. The patient who ended up getting DBS got it for different reasons than I did, but it was still fascinating to see it on main stream TV. It's gaining popularity - ha! Interestingly, the story line on The Good Doctor involved a woman getting it to help her with an eating disorder. This surgery is used for a lot of things!

Humbling experience of the week: Yoga. I told my instructor that I had been practicing the "L Stand". Then I tried to do it for her and couldn't even get my feet up the wall. We tried new poses and I couldn't get my balance. It was just a humbling class. I felt like I couldn't get anything right. She did cheer me on and said my sun salutations were great, but I was feeling defeated and oh so humbled. At the same time, I couldn't get 2 Corinthians 12:9 out of my head, ""But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." His grace is sufficient for me. Just because I can't do something 100% the first time I do it, does not mean I won't ever be able to do it, it just means that I have something to strive for, a goal to achieve and yet at the same time, HIS power is made perfect in MY weakness. I don't like being weak, but I am always closest to God in my weakest moments.


So, yes, while I may get frustrated in day-to-day mishaps, I am most certainly blessed beyond measure because I know that in all things, God's Got This!


No comments:

Post a Comment