Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: April 17, 2018

From last week’s post to this week’s post, I decided that I gave myself too much electricity. I didn’t fall, but I was having other problems. Mainly I was getting spasms in my leg and arm and I had very awkward movements and wasn’t able to get around as well as I was hoping and praying for. I didn’t trust that my leg or foot would hold me. So, I gave it a week and on Saturday I took the electricity in my deep brain stimulation device down a notch. I’m now resting at 3.30 volts. I can already see a subtle difference.


Oftentimes I feel like a toddler learning to walk. Like when the mom or dad is coaxing the toddler, “One more step, you can do it. I’m right here.” Except in my scenario, I’m not a toddler and I do my own coaxing 😊. Unfortunately, like a toddler, I get jealous sometimes too. I get jealous that most people can walk without thinking. But then I remind myself that I can move without thinking for the most part and some people can’t at all. It’s all perspective. 😉

I didn’t fall at all this past week, yet I was nowhere near walking as well as I wanted to or even as well as I have in the past. It’s so frustrating!! I have a very, very, very hard time giving myself grace. I’m working on this, but it is so hard!! God sends people into my life (particularly, in this instance, my yoga instructor) to literally tell me, “Give yourself grace”. I know, as a Christian, that grace is freely given to me by God. It is preached every Sunday, but sometimes (OK, maybe more than that), I forget. So, God gives me reminders, which I am eternally grateful for!

Speaking of Sundays, this past Sunday, God once again answered my prayer. As I was walking in to church, a friend (Melanie) came up beside me and gave me an arm. Just a little more support. She didn't make a big scene, she just simple offered more support. She was literally my answered prayer. Thank you, God for people like Melanie. They don't want fanfare, they just selflessly give of themselves to help where help is needed.

I’ve been reflecting on this picture that I saw on Facebook a few weeks ago:


It’s so true…God doesn’t always pluck us from fires, instead He gives us Jesus to help us through. With Jesus by our side, we have nothing to fear. I was also reflecting on why we have to go through fires in the first place and why God doesn't always pluck us quickly from them. Maybe God doesn’t pluck us from a fire because He knows that it will refine us. Maybe it’ll mold us. Maybe it’ll help us relate more to others. Maybe it’ll soften us. Maybe it’ll force us to give ourselves, as well as others, leaps and bounds of grace. Maybe it’ll draw us closer to Him. Maybe, it’ll remind us that God’s Got This!!

No comments:

Post a Comment