Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tune-In Tuesday: March 14

Oh, what a week! It was a good one though - yay!!

Good news: I got my appointment with the orthopedic doctor to look at my toe. Bad news: It's not until May 18. After hearing me whine and complain about my toe all day Sunday, Mom convinced me to call a podiatrist that goes to my church. She used scare tactics on me: "You could die from this toe before May 18." "You could have to have your toe amputated if you wait until May 18." Thanks, Mom! ;) Sometimes, I need a little push though! She knows me. The hypochondriac in me revved into full gear. Mom usually doesn't use that tactic with me, but I guess she'd heard enough whining about it that she wanted to make sure that I actually did something about it ASAP. She showed me her hammer toe and I literally said, "which toe is it?". I couldn't tell! Her toe looks NOTHING like my toe. That might be because my toe is all swollen and gross. It hurts all the time and there's only one pair of shoes I can wear that don't make it hurt worse. I'm not saying I don't have a hammer toe. What I am saying is something else is wrong with it. So, I called the podiatrist from my church. Unfortunately, it's Spring Break week here (although currently it feels like it should be Winter Break) and he's out of the office all week. The earliest appointment he had for a new patient was March 28. So March 28 is when I see him. It's a lot better than May 18. ;) I am keeping the May 18 appointment as well until I hear what the podiatrist says.

I got a letter in the mail from my Knoxville neurologist. At first I thought it was a bill and it laid on my kitchen table unopened for a couple of days. When I did finally open it, it wasn't a bill after all. It was letter from Dr. L. telling me that he was moving practices. I instantly thought, "Oh, no! Here we go again...", however, as I read on, he's moving to UT (The University of Tennessee) where my Nashville neurologist is also going. He's taking all my files with him and I don't have to find another local neurologist, unless I want to. What I don't know is if my Knoxville neurologist and my Nashville neurologist will be working together. If that's the case - how awesome would that be?! That would TOTALLY be a God thing!!

Speaking of mail and my Nashville neurologist - I got my portion of the bill from my two hour office appointment with him. No wonder he wasn't in a hurry to leave. Haha. Yes, it's steep, but I am so very, very thankful that I have an HSA (Health Savings Account). I am very, very thankful that I decided to put the maximum amount allowed into it and I'm very, very thankful that I had built it up a little!! Also, I have a very high deductible. I checked that today and I've almost met it for the year. It'll probably be met within a month or two. After it's met, I won't have to pay out of pocket. God provides. All the time.

I, again, am staying at the level of electricity that I've been on now for the past two weeks. Everything is not perfect, but I feel like I'm at a level I can live with. That's not to say seconds after posting this, that I'll change my mind and up it, but (I think!) I'm OK staying another week at this level. ;) I've had some problems with my hand this week, but I'm hoping it'll settle down. I'm also officially declaring that the weather does have an effect on my ability to move correctly. I was doing wonderfully and then cold weather struck and I struggled a little more. So, my stance is, weather effects me. I do poorly in cold and well in warm weather.

One quick story because I can't resist. It's too cute not to share. I have two nieces. One is 2 and 1/2 and the other will be one on April 11. The one who is 11 months old is just learning to walk. My parents bought her a walker to use at their house. She was testing it out a couple of Sundays ago and my 2 and 1/2 year old niece was watching. The next day, my mom showed my 2 and 1/2 year old niece the video she had taken of my 11 month old niece and my 2 and 1/2 year old niece, after watching the video says to my mom, "Like Aunt Tepanie!!" She remembers that I used to walk with a walker!! It was the cutest, sweetest thing to hear. Even at 2 and 1/2 she knows what's going on and what's happened in the past. Both of my nieces are my pride and joy. I could talk about them all day and all night. I am so very, very blessed to have them in my life and I love them with every fiber of my being.

It's been a good week. No falls. The toe is bothering me, but in the scheme of things, I'm still walking with no walker or cane, so all is well. I know that God's working in me and hopefully through me. My prayer every time I write a post on this blog is that my words are not my words, but God's. I pray that God works through this blog and through my life to guide people to Him. I don't have all the answers, but God does. So, if you get anything out of my posts, I hope you get that no matter what, GOD'S GOT THIS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment