Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Turn-It-Up Tuesday: May 10

Today's Tuesday! I went to bed last night especially early (like 9:30pm early) in anticipation of today. In anticipation of what, I didn't (and still don't) know, but I must have needed the sleep because I slept amazingly. This morning I woke ready to have a fantastic day. I got up early and exercised and had my best work-out in weeks. It must have been the extra sleep! ;)

I had a slight hesitation in upping my DBS this morning. My hesitation was: should I bump it up .10 or .20? I had already bumped it up last Tuesday by .20 from what Dr. T. set it at in the office. This past week, I've noticed changes with my left arm and hand, but nothing with my leg or foot. My arm and hand are different. I can't really explain it because I'm not exactly sure what's going on. I do know that sometimes my hand and my fingers will jerk when I'm not telling them to. ;) So, I wondered if turning the electricity up would make the jerking worse or better or leave it the same. I also wondered if maybe I should actually turn it DOWN to see if that made my arm or hand and fingers better. But, never one to back off of something, I quickly let the thought of turning it DOWN leave my brain. ;) I turned it up by .10 and waited - like something was going to happen right then and there. Haha. It didn't. So I turned it up another .10 and left it. I'm now at 3.60 volts.

After last weeks visit with Dr. T. and my wrongly thinking I felt something (I was wrong, because at the time I thought I felt something, unbeknownst to me, Dr. T. had turned my device off!), I'm a little shy to jump to any conclusions now. ;) The truth is, I'm not sure what I'm feeling, or if it's related to anything DBS. This just means that I have to trust that God knows what He's doing (and I do trust Him because I know He knows what He's doing!) and that in HIS time (not mine) things will work out for HIS good (not mine). This may or may not mean that I'll be able to walk cane or walker free. That statement doesn't mean I've lost hope. Far from it. I'm actually overflowing with hope. It just takes time and faith. God's time is not my time, so I have to wait (and wait and possibly wait some more), and have faith that God's Got This!!!!!!! (and He most certainly does.).

On another topic, I thought a wig would be awesome. Truly, overall, it is, but sometimes it drives me CRAZY!!! My impression of wigs was that all you had to do was put them on and go. That could not be further from the truth! I try to style it like I want and then it moves and gets in my eyes and causes me to look in the mirror constantly to make sure it's still how I want it. It's a little frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I WANT the wig and I love it when it behaves, it's just not as "carefree" as I thought it was going to be. I probably need to wash it too, but I'm too impatient to do that right now. Today's wig picture is me trying to hide the zits I now have on my forehead from constantly swiping it with my hand to get the bangs out of my eyes.
I'm still getting a ton of compliments on the wig. Just today a co-worker (from an entirely different department, who didn't know I had surgery or that I was wearing a wig), complimented me twice on how she loved my hair. The co-workers sitting around me contained their laughter until after she left. Usually, I come right out and tell people that I'm wearing a wig, but for whatever reason, I kept quiet this time. It was rather entertaining though. After she left my cube, I turned to my co-workers and lamented that it's pretty bad when people like your fake hair better than your real hair!

Speaking of my real hair - I'm missing it. I was going through some older pictures the other day and found this one and coveted my own hair. I want it this long and this curly again (much against what my mom would like...she likes me to keep my hair shorter. Sorry, Mom!).

So that's it for this edition of Turn-It-Up Tuesday. Not a whole lot to report. If anything DOES happen between now and next Tuesday, I'll be sure to break-in and update the blog. For now, I'm content with watching "Chicago Med" and "Chicago Fire" tonight and waiting on the Lord to do amazing, outstanding things that I can't even fathom!

No comments:

Post a Comment