Sunday, May 29, 2016

3 Months, 2 Months

No, it's not Turn-It-Up Tuesday, but today - May 29, 2016 - marks 3 months since my last deep brain stimulation surgery on February 29. This also means that it's been 3 months since my last head shave. Because of this, you get a couple selfies with my real hair:



It's no Audrey Hepburn hair, but it's got texture, so I'm hoping I'll have curls again. ;) I did a stupid thing yesterday and Googled "How fast does hair grow?" The answer was that hair usually grows half an inch a month. Of course, this all depends on age too. HALF AN INCH!!!!!!!!!!!! People, that is not a lot for someone who had every hair on her head shaved off!!! It's going to take forever for it to grow back. I do find it funny though that I'm in between my two nieces when it comes to hair. Little G (who will be 2 in July) has more hair than me by a mile (or more!). But, I do beat Baby H (who will be two months in June). Haha. I, myself, am still not comfortable going out in public without my wig. Thank you to all of you who say I look beautiful with or without it, but I'm just not "there" yet to go wig-free anywhere except home and around family. I'll get there though! This whole journey is a lesson in patience.

Today also marks the 2 month anniversary of when I had the deep brain stimulation device turned on. That was done on March 29th. I'm still not seeing any results to speak of, but I'm NOT going to get discouraged. God's Got This and I know, it'll all work out for His good. Plus, the doctors said not to expect to see anything until 3-6 months out - so I have at least another month!! Haha. I have seen some things with my hand (like twitching and twisting) that I don't like, but with time I think everything will settle down and work like it's supposed to! In 2 weeks, I'll be at 4 volts of electricity. It's at this point that I am to stop turning it up for a month and see what my body and brain do. Hopefully they will behave and react the way I want them to! Sometimes, I think they just need time to figure out what to do with all this new electricity going on. ;)

I can't wait to see what God's going to do next in this journey. My absolute favorite Christmas song is "Mary Did You Know" and my absolute favorite part of the song is:
"The blind will see.
The deaf will hear.
The dead will live again.
THE LAME WILL LEAP.
The dumb will speak.
The praises of the Lamb."

As I've said before, it's not lost on me that my last deep brain stimulation surgery was performed on LEAP day. You just can't tell me that God doesn't have a sense of humor. Ya'll, one of these days, I'm going to LEAP!


No comments:

Post a Comment