Tuesday, March 3, 2015

In like a lion

The month of March is usually described as “in like a lion, out like a lamb” and that can definitely be said of how my month has begun.

Walking was going so well (with the walker of course) and then just like that…I started tripping and losing my balance again. I’m off kilter. Walking takes thinking about it again. But there is a season for everything and this too shall pass.

I was blessed beyond measure to spend the winter months walking just fine and that rarely ever happens. I’m a little confused as to why March has started out so rough, but I guess I’m due for some “bad” days. I put “bad” in quotes, because everything is relative :) My “bad” days are no where close to other's bad days. I’m not dealing with a terminal illness. I don’t want people to read this blog and think that I live in a bubble where I only see my difficulties and no one else’s. Although I do have a tendency to do this every once in awhile (I can't lie!), I do know other people struggle way worse than me. I know that I am blessed and I know that my “bad” days aren’t all that bad in the scheme of things.

Ironically, I’m now sporting huge bruises on my left leg, but NOT from falling. I used my legs as leverage to hold up/move a heavy tube TV and now I have evidence that I did it all by myself! I probably shouldn’t have done it by myself, but I’m kind of stubborn like that and the TV was broken anyway, so I knew I couldn’t damage it any worse. I didn't even know I had bruised myself until the next day when I wondered if I had fallen and just forgotten about it! Then I remembered moving the TV.

My brother Stanton and his wife Aubrey came in for a quick visit this past weekend. As Stanton (who’s about to start his 3rd year residency in emergency medicine) was helping me out to my car, he noted that I had been walking much better. I told him it was an illusion, because we had been at my parent’s house and (because of the carpet they have) I can walk without any assistance. As if to prove my point, (although I promise I didn’t do it on purpose!), I tripped right after he said this and he had to catch me.

I'm hoping that since March has come in like a lion, it’ll leave like a lamb and I’ll have balance and good walking again by Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment