Tuesday, February 24, 2015

And so it goes…

I am so, so sad right now.
I had absolutely no idea ten years ago when I first started having noticeable symptoms of dystonia, exactly how vital the right doctor was in treating any disease. I soon realized that one neurologist is not like another and that the “right” fit of neurologist to patient takes time to find. In my case it took me five years. And yesterday, I was completely devastated. I got a letter in the mail saying that my neurologist, with his wife and family, is moving out of state to be closer to extended family. I actually cried. Don’t laugh. And still today, I feel so, so sad. I knew what I had was special. Not everyone finds the perfect fit with a doctor or healthcare professional, but after years of struggling, I finally did and now I don’t have that anymore.
I know there are so many other things to be sad about in the world right now, which is why I even debated about blogging on this. I don’t want it to seem like this is the biggest problem – for I know it isn’t. Life goes on, people move on and so will I, but for right now I’m just sad.
If anyone has any recommendations for a new neurologist in the East Tennessee area, please share. That’s how I found Dr. M. My friend, Cheryl spoke up and said she knew the best neurologist around and she did.
And so it goes…my search for a new neurologist begins. As my mom said, maybe I’ll find someone even better than Dr. M. I don’t know if I will or not, but I do know that everything happens for a reason. God is good. He sent me Dr. M. and He will send me the next neurologist. God is in the details. I will trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment