Wednesday, March 25, 2015

An appointment

As you know, I’ve been trying to get in to see a new neurologist. Thank you again to everyone that recommended someone. I researched the names given to me and decided on one and then began the process of becoming a patient.

On a side note - I’m convinced that we’re called “patients” because we have to have patience in getting a doctor, getting a diagnosis, getting better. It’s an art, not a science, right?! ;)

But I did my part - getting a referral and getting my records sent and then I waited.

Last night, I prayed specifically that either the neurologist’s office or my internist’s office (the one who gave the referral) would call me today to let me know if I was accepted as a patient and could get an appointment. I know, it may seem frivolous to some to pray specifically about that, but I didn’t know what I was supposed to do next. Was I supposed to call them back and get an appointment or were they going to call me? Did they have everything they needed? Did this neurologist even want to take me on as a patient? I tend to worry about frivolous stuff like this, so last night I just took it God and decided He could worry about it for me.

This morning I was at work when my desk phone rang. It was my internist’s office calling to say that I have an appointment scheduled for May 11 with the new neurologist. You can’t tell me that God doesn’t answer prayers, no matter how frivolous they may seem to outsiders! What’s important to us, is important to God.

So now I wait until May 11. Until then, I'll be praying that this new neurologist will be the right fit and that everything will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment