Monday, March 9, 2015

A little update

There’s not a lot new to report, I just wanted to give a little update. I’m getting all my medical records sent to a new neurologist. I hope he’s the right one for me. :) He came highly recommended and when I asked my friend Cheryl (the one who referred me to Dr. M.) if she knew him she said that he was a great choice. Hopefully (fingers crossed, prayers going up), everything will fall into place. However, I know that if he’s not the right one that the Lord will lead me to the one I need to see. I’m trying not to worry about it.

My walking has been the same – not the best, but definitely not the worst. I almost fell backwards yesterday as I lost my balance (while vacuuming), but thankfully, I was able to catch myself. If I had fallen, at least it would have been on carpet! I’ve lost my balance several times over the past week, but thankfully have always been able to catch myself. This used to not be the case. I used to fall every single time I lost my balance. So I guess that means the exercise I do and the medication I take is working!!! My dad caught me once too as he was holding on to me as we walked into the movie theater and I tripped. While taking showers this week, I’m back to holding onto the walls, as closing my eyes makes me lose my balance. I found myself this morning wistfully looking at some women who were crossing the street holding umbrellas. I don’t use umbrellas anymore because I can’t hold them and onto the walker at the same time. I miss holding an umbrella – how silly is that?! Rain coats are nice, but umbrellas – well, you just don’t know what you’ll miss until you don’t have it/can’t use it anymore! But enough of my complaining (because, after all, it does no good in the first place, except to get me in a bad mood.).
I’ll end on this: I had an excellent weekend.
I saw a movie with my parents on Friday night.
On Saturday I got my hair chopped off by a great friend, who did a fabulous job. This picture doesn't do it justice!)

Also on Saturday, I got to have fun (and get paid at the same time) by doing more patient acting at UT hospital. This time I was supposed to be a 19 year old unrestrained male driver who hit a tree and was trapped in his car for 40 minutes. The doctor I worked with was awesome and I had a blast as usual.

On Sunday, I got up early, exercised and then went to church. I got to go on a Dad/Daughter date out to lunch after church, where Dad and I just talked and caught up and enjoyed each other’s company. It was a great weekend and I’m very, very thankful for it. Even when life isn’t everything you want it to be, it’s still precious and should be lived to the fullest. May God’s blessings be upon all of you this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment