Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Favorite Day of the Week

Today, I was thinking about what day of the week is my favorite. I was thinking this because I woke up with a song in my heart and a smile on my face. It's Tuesday which means it's "Chicago Fire" day (it's a TV show for those that don't know!) I also exercise on Tuesday. It's so many things, so I thought, maybe "Tuesday is my favorite day of the week." It was settled, until I started thinking about Wednesday and Thursday and Friday and Saturday and Sunday and Monday!! And then - I just couldn't pick one day of the week to be my favorite. I didn't want the other days to get their feelings hurt! I guess it's like having multiple children (I'm guessing, because I can't say from experience!) - you can't just pick one to be your favorite - they're all your favorite!! And here's some reasons why, each day of the week is my favorite:

Sunday - it's the Lord's day. It's a day set aside for worshipping the King of Kings, Jesus! Growing up, it was never an option and never a question where we would be on Sunday morning. And now that I'm grown, it's still not an option! The only place I will be, the only place I want to be is in church worshipping the Lord! Sunday afternoon is made for catching up with family and of course the ever important nap! My mom was born on Sunday. Sunday is a day of rest and this is why Sunday is my favorite day of the week.

Monday - it's the beginning of a school week or a work week! Yes, Monday gets a bad rap and I'm the first to jump on that bandwagon, but I have to admit that Monday is a good day. Afterall, it's a fresh start. Whether it was going to school or now, going to work - it is a day to begin anew. My dad was born on Monday. My brother, Steven was born on Monday. Monday is a good day to go grocery shopping: you have all the coupons from the Sunday paper and not all the crowds of the weekend! Monday nights are when Jay Leno has his "headlines" piece on "The Tonight Show". This is why Monday is my favorite day of the week.

Tuesday - it's not Monday!! HA - I gotcha there ;)Tuesday is when you've settled into the work week. You know for the most part what the week's going to look like work wise and it's just an all-around great day. As mentioned before, "Chicago Fire" comes on TV on Tuesdays (as did "House" in years gone by!)It's still a great day to go grocery shopping as no one thinks to go on a Tuesday :) As stated before, I exercise on Tuesday and get the endorphins going! It's an awesome day to serve the Lord and that's why Tuesday is my favorite day of the week.

Wednesday - it's HUMP DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, Wednesday is an awesome day, because it's the smack-dab middle of the work week. I've got two days behind me and two in front of me and a Wednesday to make me smile :) Wednesday is also when "Duck Dynasty" comes on TV. Wednesday is when I get to have my mid-week recharge at church. I get to see people at both work and church! Wednesday has it's own animal dedicated to it (the camel of course!) It's fun to say the word Wednesday. I love Wednesday in every way. That's why Wednesday is my favorite day of the week.

Thursday - it was my previous "favorite day of the week" (before all the days became my favorite!) because it was when "ER" came on TV. Now, "Doc Martin" and "The Michael J. Fox Show" come on TV on Thursday. It's also another exercise day for me. It's the anticipation of the weekend. I was born on Thursday (which yes, made the next day, Friday the 13th!). My brother, Stuart was born on Thursday. Lots of awesome stuff happens on Thursday and that's why it's my favorite day of the week.

Friday - it's the end of the work week! It's more "casual" than the other work days. Growing up, I loved Friday because it was my dad's day off. It still is his day off. He cuts the grass on Fridays and I love the look and the smell of freshly cut grass! Now, I have my own lawn and it's cut on Friday! "People" magazine comes in the mail on Friday. I try to stay up late on Friday, knowing that I can sleep in the next day. It usually doesn't work though ;) My brother, Stanton, was born on Friday. Fridays are fun days and that's why my favorite day of the week is Friday.

Saturday - it's the weekend!! I can sleep in (but usually don't). I can get chores done. I can leave chores to be done another day! Saturday is a day to catch up on what needs to be caught up on, or just throw caution to the wind and do whatever I want to do and that's why Saturday is my favorite day of the week.

So - as you can see, I can't pick one day as my "favorite"! I think every day that the Lord gives me breath to breathe, should be my favorite! Life isn't always fun. Some days seem to drag on, but in the scheme of things, life is all too short and every day should be and is my favorite day of the week!! I hope you can say the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment