Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Splendid Day

I'm wrapping up a most splendid day! There was nothing extraordinary about this day; nothing special or life-changing happened...it was just a day where LIFE happened :) It was a splendid day because God chose to wake me up this morning and give me another day to enjoy. If you're reading this, that means He gave you the same gift!! Rejoice :) It's a most awesome gift indeed!

I took the day off of work (after realizing that if I don't start taking days, I'm going to lose vacation days!). Taking the day off did not mean sleeping in though! Well, OK, I'll admit, I slept in 10 minutes past when I usually get up for work :) It was a big splurge. I had a doctor's appointment at 9:20 am so before heading there I exercised. I usually exercise when I come home from work on Tuesdays and Thursdays and sometime during the day on Saturdays and Sundays. But today, I did it first thing and it definitely got me going! I went to my doctor's appointment and then decided to do the all-so-thrilling task of getting my cars oil changed. It was a blast! OK, maybe that's an overstatement, but it was a lot of fun. I went to my usual place and this time, they said I could stay in the car. I've never actually stayed in the car when they've changed the oil! I got to drive the car into the work bay and then had my window rolled down, so I just talked with the guys changing the oil. I have to say, it was one of the most enjoyable, fun experiences I've ever had getting the oil changed in my car!!

After my thrilling oil change, I headed to Aldi's where I wanted to buy some fruit. I spent a grand total of $4.70 on apples and pears. I know, I know...I'm a huge spender ;) I ran into (not literally, although that would have made for an interesting story!) someone from my church. I am my mother's child and had a 25% off coupon for the Christian book store that expired today, so I swung by there. I found the perfect gift for my best friend for her birthday. And, it's not the day before her birthday or 5 days after, so I'm doing great!! Now, if I can get it in the mail to her in time for her birthday, I'll be set!

I thought Tuesday would be the perfect day to go to the grocery store. It was, but I was very surprised at how many people there actually were there in the middle of the day. I know you're dying to know what I bought, so I'll tell you: ice cream and frozen vegetables - hey it's all about a balanced diet ;)I ran into two more people from my church. It's always great seeing people I know out and about in their daily lives. I also found a 2014 calendar on...wait for it...Outhouses!! Seriously, what will they think of next? The most ornate toilets?! But the calendar made me smile and of course I had to take a picture of it!



I came home and ate lunch, threw some laundry in the washer and then took a little nap on the couch. I love Tuesday's because House reruns come on TV. I really only thought they came on at night (because that's when I'm home), but nope they come on during the day too! So I snoozed while one episode was on. I actually own every season of House on DVD, but there's something about it coming on TV, I can't help but watch (or in this case, just listen while I "rested" my eyes). I finally made it off the couch after an hour and decided to go to the dump. I know, I live a most glamorous life :) You all are so envious of me right now, aren't you?! I dropped my trash off and came back home, only to realize that while I had turned the lights off, I neglected to turn the TV off!!! Oh well :)

I got the strangest feeling later in the afternoon: I got the urge to clean. Where that feeling came from, I do not know! It was a God thing :) It was me channeling my Mom! I had just bought some new Swiffer dusting pads and I was thrilled to clean. One thing you should know: while I love vacuuming, I loathe dusting. I blame this on my Mom and Dad (not really, but...) It was my weekly job at home growing up to dust the entire house. So naturally, now that I have my own house, dusting does not rank in my top three most favorite things to do :) But dusting is a needed thing! And I was super excited to use my new Swiffer dusting pads. So I dusted the entire house. Then I vacuumed the entire house. Then I mopped the kitchen. What has gotten into me?! And now, I am enjoying the fruits of my labor: a clean house that smells wonderful. Oh and I didn't slip, trip, fall or otherwise injure myself when I mopped. This is a huge accomplishment :) I also remembered that the floor was wet and didn't walk on it until it was dry (I've had a problem in the past of forgetting this simple fact and almost causing a huge disaster!) It's a great day people!!!!

Some may look at this and think, "Eww...what a dirty house!" But I choose to look at it and think, "Boy, that was a good clean, a very, very good clean!"

I'm getting ready to eat dinner, I'll have ice cream later tonight and I get to watch Chicago Fire!!


It's truly been a wonderful, simple, splendid day indeed and once again, I'm "happy, happy, happy"!! I hope your Tuesday was just as good, if not even better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment