Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Tune-In-Tuesday: March 30, 2021

Hey everyone! Happy Tuesday. My apologies for not updating last week. There really wasn't anything to update you on, so I thought I'd give myself a break from writing and give you a break from reading! This past week has been great and there really isn't anything to update you on from it either, but I decided to blog anyway.

On St. Patrick's Day, I got my first COVID-19 shot. I'm very thankful for that. I had to do some investigating first though. Wal-Mart turned out to be the winner for me (in being able to get an appointment and get the vaccine). The wording surrounding the qualifications at places such as Walgreens, Kroger and walk-in clinics did not include anyone with neurological diseases. Wal-Mart's wording did include those with neurological and/or neuromuscular diseases. I still had to drive about 30 miles from where I live to get the vaccine as the Wal-Mart(s) in my town were out of the vaccine, but 30 miles is nothing! My second dose is scheduled for April 14.

My walking has been getting better! I've also given myself permission to bring the cane with me when walking in parking lots or other wide open spaces. I don't have to use it, but it's there if I need it. This has been an internal growing process for me. I so don't want to have to use anything to walk but my own two feet, but sometimes I realize I do need help, so I'm growing up and allowing myself to be humble enough to use assistance when I need it. 

I think that's it for this week. See - not a lot to update on! I'm very thankful for the improvements I've made and that walking isn't such a struggle. I do know that from day to day my ability to walk correctly can change, but I'm thankful for the good days!

This week is my favorite week of the year - Holy Week. This past Sunday was Palm Sunday. This coming Thursday is Maundy Thursday where we celebrate Jesus' Last Supper. Friday is Good Friday where we commemorate Jesus' death, all leading up to the most glorious of days: Easter Sunday where Jesus rises  from the grave having defeated death, sin and the devil.

Thank you for reading this post and I hope all of you have a most blessed and glorious Holy Week. 

Always remember, God's Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment