Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Tune-In-Tuesday: October 22, 2019


The past week was once again, tough. (Broken record?!) Walking is just hard. Walking without falling is harder. I didn't fall, but it's just been a hard week. I'll leave it at that. I had yoga on Friday night and pretty much made up my mind that I was going to experiment with the electricity again. My foot wouldn’t bend at all. There must be a happy medium somewhere, right? I don’t want my foot so “tight” that it won’t bend at all, but I don’t want it so “loose” that I don’t have any control over it.

Saturday, I experimented. I went to the lowest setting on Frequency A and then to the highest. The highest was way too high and the lowest was way too low, but I settled on 3.00 volts on Frequency A. I'm still determining if that was the best decision - ha! It was a leap from what I had been on: 3.60 volts. However, during the experimenting, when I landed back on 3.60 it was still way too much, so that's how I ended up at 3.00. Only time will tell. God's trying to teach me patience again and I'm still a slow learner in that department. ;) I didn't experiment with any other frequency although I have at least two (maybe three) others that I could switch to. I'll leave those for another day.


But for all the complaining and frustrations, I must remember from where I came. I'm not using a walker anymore. All I wanted from the deep brain stimulation surgery was to be able to use a cane to get around with and I don't even use that (although maybe I should at times). I've exceeded my initial goal. My goal keeps moving though (doesn't everybody's? If you reach one goal, you set a new one...) and I know that's where my frustration stems from. As one of my former neurologists used to tell me every single time I saw him, "Rome wasn't built in a day, Stephanie."

My dad had these lines in his sermon Sunday "Praying most often does not get us what we want, but what God wants. And what He wants for us is always good. We should persevere in praying because God's timing is also involved as well. God's timing is always right. Don't quit (praying). He hears, He acts."

God's still in control. He's still good.
God's Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment