Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Tune-In-Tuesday: October 15, 2019


I kind of feel like I’m sounding like a broken record, but here I am again saying walking was a struggle last week and continues to be in to this week. However, I did not fall. Yay! I felt like falling a million times, but I did not fall. Praise Jesus! My walking has not really been good though. I’ve felt like adjusting the electricity in my deep brain stimulation device many times, but I have refrained. Maybe the playing with it is what’s made walking more difficult? Maybe it’s the change in weather? Maybe it’s this or maybe it’s that. All I know is that I drive myself crazy trying to pinpoint it when really all I need to do is leave it in God’s hands and He’ll take care of it. It’s SO MUCH EASIER to say that then to actually live it out. But this is why God is God and I am not. šŸ˜‰

If the week had to be summed up in one word it would be: stairs. So many stairs. I don’t have issues going up stairs (for the most part), but I do have issues going down them and this week I’ve been tested with stairs.

I went to a concert (Thomas Rhett – a country singer) with my Mom this past Thursday. We had seats one row from the very top of the arena where he performed. Climbing up was pretty good, but what goes up must come down and going down wore me out! But, you’ve got to take the bad with the good and the good definitely outweighed the bad in that scenario. We started with seats one row from the top of the arena and ended with FLOOR seats 30 rows from the stage. I wish I had counted how many stairs I had to descend to get to those floor seats, but in the end it didn’t matter because I made it and had FLOOR SEATS!!!!!!!!!!! I was, however, a sweaty mess – ha!

This past week the elevator at work has been having maintenance work done on it. There are two elevators in the building, but (from where I park) to get to the other elevator involves more walking than I’ve desired to do, so I’ve been braving the stairs. I usually always take the stairs up but usually always take the elevator down. Thankfully, I’m only on the second floor, so it’s not that big of deal.

I’ve been in kind of a funk yesterday and today. I don’t like being in that kind of mood, but that’s where I’ve been. Again, I could drive myself crazy trying to figure out why I’m feeling like this, but I’d rather just trust Jesus that the funk will go away. I do tend to get melancholy when I can’t walk. But as the saying goes, “this too shall pass.” It’s at these times that I try NOT to focus on myself but on others and their wants and needs. I don’t always succeed at this, but when I do it definitely pulls me out of whatever funk I’m in.

I saw this quote somewhere and it struck me as TRUTH:


Sometimes, when I really, really don’t want to read the Bible and I just want to sink down into the lies Satan is targeting me with - if I read the Bible anyway, I get such gems. God never disappoints. Here’s just a couple of examples:

“As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy." James 5:11

“When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.” Psalms 94:18

Just typing those verses has put me in a better mood already! With that, I'll end this post. Always remember: God's Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment