Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Tune-In-Tuesday: July 16, 2019

I have no idea if this is scientifically proven (probably not!) or if it’s even relative, but one thing I’ve started noticing about walking is that I seem to go in 3-month shifts. Three months, I’ll have relatively OK walking and then for three months it’s not good at all. But watch, now that I’ve written that in black and white it won’t at all be true going forward – that just seems to be the way life works. 😉 I don’t know why I can’t let go of trying to explain to myself the ins and outs of dystonia. I’m never going to be satisfied.

The past week was relatively good. I got where I needed to go without any falls or trips or slips. I go back to my neurologist on Thursday, so we’ll see how that goes.

July 13 was my baptism birthday and on the desk calendar that my grandmother gave me it had this quote: “Miracles happen. Joy strengthens. Love conquers all!” I love it. Yes, miracles DO STILL HAPPEN. Joy strengthens and love, it does indeed conquer all.

A friend of mine posted this quote on Facebook last week and it stung a little.


It stung, because I do need heaps upon heaps of grace every single day. God grants me that grace in probably more ways than I can even imagine. So, I need, in return, to heap grace upon grace to everyone I encounter. I don’t often do that. I fail miserably. I’m wrapped up in my own little world, worrying about not falling or tripping or failing in any way. I’ve really started examining myself and where my heart is. It’s so easy to be hardened by this world with all the bad stuff that goes on not just with the world but with ourselves. I don’t want to be hardened by dystonia (or anything else in life for that matter). I’m trying to see beyond my limitations and help those who need help that I could possibly provide.

I kind of feel like this post was all over today, but I want to end with this Bible verse, because so often words fail me when I pray about things. This verse tells me that it's OK, God’s Got This (through the Holy Spirit), no matter the words spoken or left unspoken:

“In the same way, The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.” Romans 8:26


No comments:

Post a Comment