Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Tune-In-Tuesday: June 18

God's been faithful. Patience has paid off. While I still struggle, walking's gotten a lot easier in the past two weeks since I turned the electricity up. Again, it's not perfect, but it's MUCH improved. I still have issues walking in parking lots (wide open spaces in which I can't grab a hold of anything to steady my gait) and I still accept help going up to Communion at church (and other places too). I'm just thankful that things are improving. I have exactly a month from today before I go back to the neurologist, so I'm not sure what I'll do in that month. I may stay on this level. I may go up, I may go down - who knows! For now, I'm OK with remaining at where I'm at.

This past week I celebrated a birthday. One of my birthday presents was tickets to see a play at Cumberland County Playhouse which is a little over an hour away from home. Mom and I had a wonderful time. It was there that I started sensing I could walk better and needed less help. However, walking in was all uphill (and I can do uphill!) which meant walking out was all downhill. I definitely needed help with the downhill. I'm so weird - the "easy" things to most people are the "hard" things to me and yet I can walk super easy uphill and on sand - go figure :) I guess that just makes me stand out, right?!

I almost face-planted in my hallway here at home last night because I tripped over the rug. Thankfully, I did not! Sometimes I think I need to be wrapped in bubble wrap. It's been a good week though. I still pray for a miracle - that I'll be able to walk without issue - but in the meantime, I'm extremely blessed to be walking better than I was. The bad days only make the good days that much sweeter! No matter what, God's Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment