Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Tune-In-Tuesday: Faithful

It hit me this morning (while working out, no less) that God is faithful. I mean I know this, but this morning, out of nowhere, it struck me just how faithful He truly is, even when I'm less than faithful to Him. I wasn't doing anything special when I came to this realization. I wasn't even thinking about His faithfulness, but God quietly reassured me that in every situation, He is STILL FAITHFUL. Every prayer I pray, He hears, and He answers. I started recalling recent prayers I had prayed to Him and I was reminded that He answered every single one. Even when the answer's no, He is faithful.


It’s been a week since I turned the electricity up in my deep brain stimulation device and I’m starting to see subtle, small improvements – nothing major or earth shattering, but small things. The other night I woke up to my foot twitching. I thought, “Oh no, maybe it’s too much electricity.” But by the time I woke up to go to work, it had settled itself back down. 😉 I haven’t fallen and at times I am walking better.

For someone like myself who likes black and white answers, this journey can get frustrating at times. At first, playing with the electricity was fun, but it’s been three years now and I just want to settle into a nice routine. However, God must not want this for me (at least at this time)! What works one week may not work the next week. It’s always adventurous. However, I am blessed. Just reflecting for a few minutes this morning on the prayers that God has heard and answered, reminded how truly blessed I am.

At lunch today, I happened to read a blog post by Joni Eareckson Tada (If you don’t know who she is, you must Google her!!). It was a total “God-thing” and has given me a new perspective. Here is a snippet of what she wrote:
“Early on in my ‘career’ as a quadriplegic, I learned a valuable lesson: Work with what you’ve got. This is Joni Eareckson Tada and back then, my occupational therapist taught me how to use the muscles I had left to make up for the ones that did not work. I was able to do wonders with what I had left….God is in the occupational therapy business. He has often taught weak people without vision to use what they had…..You’ll be amazed what God can do with what little you have.” – “His Power Through Weakness” posted on June 11.

Wow. What perspective.

As always and in everything – God’s Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment