Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: October 9, 2018


Oh, how I love the above picture and quote! I don't consider myself a brave person necessarily, but sometimes, you just have to fake it, till you make it, right?!!

Another week has come and gone. Sometimes they go way too quickly and other times not as quickly as I would want them to, but I never want to wish my life away. The older I get, the more I see God’s handiwork in every facet of my life and how He weaves every event, every situation together for His good.

I saw this on Facebook and it made me laugh. I hope it brings a smile to your face too:


For the most part, this past week has been a good one. It’s October 9th and it still feels like summer outside and this makes me very, very happy! I’m soaking up every minute of the warm temperatures because I know that the cold will be here soon enough. Probably most of you reading this can’t wait for cooler temps and autumn like weather, but not me. I'm a warm weather girl, so I'm savoring it while I can!

On Saturday, my church had a conference on how to better serve those in our community and beyond. I had several people comment on how well I was walking. I found it a little baffling though because I myself wasn’t feeling as sturdy on my feet as I have felt in the past, but I was walking and I’m always grateful for that.


Sunday morning, I fell. Not at church, as (if you’ve read previous posts) you would probably think. No, I fell before getting to church while in my own yard. I’ll admit, I was feeling a little cocky. Yeah, afterwards, Proverbs 16:18 was rolling around in my head, “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.” I walked in the grass because grass (and sand and even stone) give me more traction. The only problem was, the grass was wet with dew and I just lost my footing. I had the entire yard to fall in, but I “wait” (ha!) until I get to the curb and then I lose my balance and fall. Of course, I hit the pavement instead of a soft landing on grass and of course, I spilt my knee open. But, it is what it is. I got up, brushed myself off, and carried on. It did rattle me a little bit though; I’m not going to lie. I’m just thankful I didn’t hurt myself (other than the cut on my knee). That’ll teach me to be cocky, thinking I’ve got this walking thing down – haha!

I saw my nutritionist yesterday and she said that she thought I looked fit. I’ll be honest with you, I thought that I had gained a ton of weight because I was just feeling fat. I know, “fat is not a feeling” – that’s what the professionals tell me, but I’ve just been feeling “blah” lately. It was a very pleasant surprise for her to tell me I looked fit and it may have boosted my spirits a little too!

I had yoga tonight and while I wanted hard yoga, I got yin yoga. 😉 It’s all good though because after doing it, it’s what I needed, and my instructor knew that. She promised me hard next week. I’ve got “homework” to do. My instructor really should write a book. She draws me these stick figures and writes out the poses she wants me to practice. I love it! She’s been trying to get me to do yin yoga on my “off” days (days when I don’t work-out or do hard yoga) and I haven’t been able to get into a routine yet, so she created a routine for me. Now that I’m putting it in the blog, I must follow through with it!


In my Bible reading this past week, I’ve found so many gems, that I thought I’d just post a few of them here. I love when Bible verses just jump out at me. Here are a few that I highlighted. They are in no particular order:


Thanks for reading and always remember, "God's Got This!"



No comments:

Post a Comment