Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: October 2, 2018

As I was reading my Bible this past week, this verse jumped out at me:


The idea of being refined by God is so awesomely frighting and yet at the same time so awesomely wonderful. My "affliction" is nothing compared to what some people deal with, but it is an affliction nonetheless and God says He's refining me through it. How cool is that? While I don't necessarily always want to be refined and especially not using an affliction to do it with, I find it amazing that God takes interest in little old me. ;) Have you ever thought of it like that? God is taking a special interest in you by allowing you to have an affliction? To be honest, I don't regularly think that at all! In fact, I consistently pray for Him to take any and all affliction away from me. But, God, in His wisdom, doesn't always give me what I want, rather He gives me what I need. I'm not saying that I need an affliction and I'm not saying that God says I need an affliction, but what I'm saying is that God is God and I am not. He uses everything that goes on in my life for His good, even when the stuff in my life isn't good! I'm thankful He knows me better than I even know myself and I am thankful for the ways in which He refines me.

This past week was full of ups and downs, but nothing out of the ordinary. I didn't have the best (nor the worst!) walking day yesterday, however today, I've walked much better. I didn't slip, trip or fall this week. I had yoga tonight and it turned into a therapy session - haha! It was very, very good! On my drive home, the heavens declared their glory. What a spectacular sunset I was treated to!


As always, I'm so very, very thankful that God's Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment