Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: August 7, 2018

And just like that, we are already one week into August. AUGUST!!! Where has the year gone?! That phrase, " The days can be long, but the years are short.", is not just true of rearing children (this is where I hear that phrase used the most), but of LIFE in general.

I've had a busy, great week. I'm not what you call a "social butterfly". My calendar is not usually chock full. But, it seems, when I do have events, they all happen on the same day or in the same week. That's how this past week went. It was full of happy events and celebrations: from birthdays to weddings. I wish that my walking played along a little better, but I have to admit, it was a little more difficult. Oh, it was by no means horrible, just a little more challenging. But challenging is nothing new.


In my Bible readings this past week, I finished Deuteronomy and am now in Joshua. What's struck a chord with me is how many times Joshua was told to be strong and courageous. Lest he forget, he is told over and over and over again. I believe that Jesus wants us all to be strong and courageous, no matter our circumstances. If God can make the sun stand still and the oceans dry up so that His people can walk through on dry ground, He can certainly handle any situation in our lives. We must be strong and courageous. I, myself do not particularly think of myself as strong and courageous - not by a mile. But that command is for me just as much as it's for Joshua and for all of you. So, though I stumble through life, I must be strong and courageous. I fail at this constantly, but God's always there to pick me back up and dust me off and have me try again.


Does your prayer life increase when things in your life go awry? I know mine does! I hate to admit that, but it's true. I saw this quote and fell in love with it:


So pray, pray, pray! At least that's what I get from the quote. :) Life is better when you pray!

Lately, I've really been consciously practicing the "thank you" prayer. I ask and ask and ask in prayer and then when God answers, I forget to thank Him. So, I've been consciously remembering to thank Him for answering.

I'm still set to have my DBS battery changed on August 17, except now instead of surgery at noon, I'm first in at 6am. Tomorrow I go for pre-anesthesia testing. I'm not exactly sure what that is, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow. ;)

Because I know you're all dying to know, I'm still keeping up with my push-ups and guess what? They're getting easier. And I'm getting a little definition in my arms. I said a little! :) Progress is being made and I'm ecstatic. Just keep at it. That's a good motto for everything in life: Just keep at it. Strive for progress. Strive to make Jesus proud of you. Strive to always remember, God's Got This!


No comments:

Post a Comment