Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: August 14, 2018


I had my pre-surgery registration last Wednesday. Turns out it was just a lot of paperwork. I had blood work done in July for an annual physical, so I didn’t have to get it redone (the perks of having an internist who is associated with the hospital!). Here's something funny that happened: When the nurse called me back, she had to get my weight and height first. As I walked through the door she instructed, “put everything you don’t want to get weighed here on this table.” So, I asked, “Can I sit on the table?” It took her a second, but then she burst out laughing and said, “No, it’s just for your purse and paperwork!"

Part of the pre-surgery protocol is to get an EKG. Not one of us (the nurse, the tech administrating the test or myself) thought about the fact that I have a battery running inside of me, until the tech ran the test and it didn’t work. The electricity messed the entire test up. In the end, they said that I didn't necessarily have to have the test after all. 😉


It literally took two and half hours to get everything done with pre-registering. But, since I was at the hospital that my brother works at, I texted him when I was done to see if he was working. He texted back and said he was and it was “slow” then so if I wanted to, I could stop by. Of course, I wanted to. So I took a trip to the ER, but not as a patient. 😉


As much as I like medical stuff (watching medical shows, learning about medical conditions, hearing stories of life in the ER), I don't actually like being a patient and having medical procedures. Who does? So, I've been trying my best to NOT think about the battery replacement until I absolutely have to. The procedure is set for this Friday (the 17th) at 6am (or at least that's when I have to be there).

In real life, I am very timid and anxious and definitely an introvert, but, there is a side of me that likes thrills, that likes to push the limits, that likes things that go fast and may be just a tiny bit dangerous. I've mentioned in the past my new-found love of riding a motorcycle. I also LOVE tubing. My uncle, aunt and cousins were visiting from Michigan this past week and they brought their boat with them. I got to go out on Saturday with them and I had a blast. I love being on the water, but what thrilled me the most was tubing. I had slightly forgotten the feeling of it and must admit the first time out it took my breath away, but it was just what I needed. There were several times that had I not been holding tight to the tube, I would have ended up in the lake. It was so thrilling and so fun. I screamed my lungs out, but not in fear, in pure joy. It was an immense stress-reliever. It was just what I needed!



I can tell that the battery is wearing down as I'm getting spasms in my legs and foot again that had all but gone away. There are other signs too, but my prayer is that the battery won't completely die until it's replaced on Friday. So far, I haven't fallen any. I've been a little less steadier on my feet at times, but again, the Lord has blessed me with no falls.

I saw this today and thought I'd share it here. I have often times stopped and thought of what God may have protected me from that I didn't even know about. Don't we serve an amazing God who knows our needs before we even know them and who protects us from things we didn't even know we needed protecting from? AMAZING. I'm in awe. Are you?


May everyone reading this have a wonderful week and always remember, God's Got This!!

No comments:

Post a Comment