Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: August 21, 2018

Since I just wrote a blog post on Saturday and that post was more of a book then a post, I promise to keep this post short!

I walked a lot better on Sunday then I thought I was going to – praise Jesus! At church there were no parking spots! That is a VERY good thing to have at church!! I had to park in the overflow parking out past the shed (for those that go to church with me). I thought about driving around and around and lurking, waiting for someone to leave, but then I thought, maybe I could do it - walk the distance. So, I put my brave face on and with God's help, I did it. I was very, very slow, but I did it. I walked without falling. Thank the Lord!! I did it on the way back to the car after church as well, except for the very end when my friend, Savannah walked with me. We had communion on Sunday and I held the hand of my niece, Hope, and walked up, through and back from communion without issue. Sometimes all it takes is the simple touch of a two-year old's hand to bring steadiness to my gate.

As I was doing my Bible reading, I found this verse and fell in love with it:


I’m still not up to par with how I had been walking before the battery surgery, but I do have faith that I will get there eventually. This whole deep brain stimulation process has been a learning experience, but also a growing experience. Maybe it's in the standing still that the Lord will reveal His mighty plan!

I don't recall that I've ever shared a picture of what the battery looks like. Obviously, it's under my skin, but here's a pre-op picture with the old battery:


You can obviously see the bulge. When I first got this 2 and ½ years ago, I was embarrassed by it, wanting to cover it up, but now, I look at it as a badge of honor. Every scar tells a story and boy do mine have a story. ;)

Itching means healing, right? Since yesterday, my surgery scar has been itching like crazy. I was allowed to take the big bandage off on Monday, but was told that I should let the steri-strips fall off by themselves.


All that for this:


The first attempt at an IV left its mark on me:


I worked out for the first time since the surgery this morning. I exercised on my stationary bike. I feel like I need to give yoga another week off since I use a lot of arm muscles for that. I don’t want to accidentally undo something that doesn’t need to be undone (surgery wise). ;) Plus, my yoga instructor is on vacation this week, so I didn’t have yoga tonight. I think by next week, I’ll be ready to do it again. In place of yoga, I felt the need to vacuum my entire house this morning at 6:30 am. Who does that? Obviously, I do, when I get the urge.

I think that's all for this post. See, short(er)!! I hope everyone reading this has a wonderful week and if you’re thinking about deep brain stimulation, let me know, I’d love to talk with you about it. As always, God’s Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment