Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: June 26, 2018

For the past few weeks, I’ve been blessed to be walking pretty near “perfect” for me. God’s allowed me to be aware of this and to savor it. It’s been fantastic. I’ve been overjoyed. My co-workers even started commenting that they had never seen me walk better. Walking was coming easier. Tuesday through Saturday of last week was no different. I felt free! Then came Sunday. Walking was a bit more of a struggle. At first, I chalked it up to being nervous. I still haven’t “conquered” the church parking lot. Haha. That should be the place that I feel the most at ease because it’s church and everyone’s willing to help. However, for me, I still get nervous. I did make it everywhere I needed to go without falling – halleluiah! Monday, I struggled. My balance was off. Again, no falls, but only by the grace of God! I tried to get up early on Monday to work-out and do some (at-home) yoga, but couldn’t get myself out of bed. I think this was God knowing that I would need the workout and yoga AFTER work, just to let myself know that even though walking wasn’t the greatest, I am still able to do things! Today, walking was better than yesterday, but still not as great as it has been.

One thing I’m kind of proud of myself for recognizing is that yesterday I found myself starting to say, “Today is a bad day.” But I caught myself and reminded myself that “Today is not a bad day, it’s a bad moment in a good day.” I have more of an Eeyore perspective on life than a Tigger perspective, but I’m slowly, mindfully, turning that perspective around. There is so much to be thankful for, so much to be joyful for. No one likes a pessimist all the time. I know that. It’s harder than you think though to turn a natural tendency around. 😉

I found this quote from Joni Eareckaon Tada and it completely spoke to me. If you don't know Joni's story, Google it. I promise you won't be disappointed. She says: "During those bouts of hopelessness, I lose my ability to see life from a biblical perspective...but when I fix my spiritual eyes on the Blessed Hope, I'm able to see life from above! With God's hope in my heart, life is no longer small. Life has purpose. Life is an adventure to be lived!"

I found this quote on Facebook and loved it:

And this Bible verse always brings me comfort when I'm feeling weak and insignificant and defeated:

Everyone has their struggles in life, don’t we? I’m trying exceedingly hard to find out how God intends to use my struggles for His good. Sometimes, He gives me glimpses of how He's doing that and other times (and more than often), I must trust that He knows best and He’ll use my struggles for His glory. And in the end, that’s all that matters! I know in everything though that God’s Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment