Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: June 19, 2018

Last Tuesday was my birthday. If I remember correctly, my mom once told me that I was born a week early. I wasn’t due until June 19. Well today is June 19th – so let the party continue!! Haha. It totally fits my personality that I was a week early. I must be 15 minutes early to everything, which drives my mom crazy. But, I’m getting better at that and try to arrive right on time. 😊 Thank you for all the birthday wishes via Facebook, calls, texts, cards, food and presents. It was a fantastic day.

Looking over the gifts I received, I realized that a lot of them had to do with walking. My grandmother gave me a Max Lucado book entitled, “Walking with the Savior”. My brother and sister-in-law (OK, let’s be honest, my sister-in-law thought of it, picked it out and probably used her own money to buy it. 😊) gave me a bracelet that says, “God is within her, she will not fall”. My friend, Kristen, gave me a wall hanging that says, “Walk by Faith”. My mom picked out the most on-point, relevant birthday card ever that spoke of walking. It was a “themed” birthday party that I didn’t know was themed until I looked back on it! It was wonderful. And to go along with it, God gave me the gift of walking well. The past week, I’ve had a much easier time walking. There’s been a few challenges, but overall, walking came more natural and for that I’m eternally grateful. The pessimist in me is waiting for the other shoe to drop (pun intended 😉) and for me to start having bad days, but I am so very filled with joy, that for now, I’m walking well.

As for the other issues I deal with (mainly the one I revealed in last week’s post), I’m overwhelmed with the kindness shown. And although everyone has been kind, just thinking about it and writing about it brought up old issues and I’ve had some bad moments. I almost wrote that I’ve had bad days, but really, they are bad moments in good days. How cocky of me to think that I had conquered certain areas. Eating different foods, getting out of routine – while all fun and needed at times, caused me to react in ways that were less than ideal. But God is still ruler and through His loving kindness, and help from professionals, I got through those moments and am hopefully back on track. God is good and merciful and helps me through.

Whether it be walking issues, eating issues, ANY kind of issues, I am eternally grateful that…GOD’s GOT THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment