Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: February 27, 2018

Another week has come and gone. How has that happened? Sometimes the days are super long, yet the years are short. It amazes me when I sit down to write on this blog how incredibly fast time goes by!

I broke the streak that I so desperately wanted to keep going. I fell. It wasn’t a big fall at all and I popped right back up, but the perfectionist in me was mad that I broke it. I think God allows things to happen to us, just so we are reminded who is God and who is not. At least in my life! I see my neurologist on March 8 and I so very much wanted to say that I haven’t fallen since I last saw him (in October), but God has different plans. I just need to calm down, trust the Lord and breathe – haha!


Saturday, I got to help someone! My friend’s mom heard something pop in her knee and needed a walker. I have 3! I got to give one to her to use for however long she needs it. I hate that she must use it at all, but am so thankful I got to help someone!

Yesterday, I had an epic time getting into work. It had nothing to do with the dystonia (at least I don’t think so!), but I thought it was funny enough to document here. It was raining, so I had an umbrella. I got out of the car and dropped by badge. I picked up my badge and instantly dropped my key. I picked up my key and then accidentally closed my umbrella. I opened it back up again and dropped my purse. Seriously?! It was so comically timed that I just had to laugh at myself.

Yoga has been going well. I finally bought some yoga blocks and have been using them.

I’ve been much more steady this week while doing the poses then I was last week, which is ironic since I fell this week and not last. Just goes to show you, that life is full of surprises!

Tonight’s yoga class was awesome. My instructor asked what I was in the mood for. After thinking about it, I told her that since I wasn’t having the best walking week, I wanted to be pushed. I think a “normal” person would want to take it easy, but I’m not “normal” (who is, really?! That’s why I put normal in quotations.). I wanted to be pushed because I wanted to "get back up again" and realize that I can do things and that I am getting stronger. So, she pushed and pushed a little more. I got an EXCELLENT session. I didn’t do everything perfectly, but it was all new and it was all strengthening and I DID IT. Yay, me! And, thank you, Jesus for allowing me to want to be pushed because seriously, that’s half the battle.

Something I want to relearn to do is run. Really the ONLY reason I want to relearn to do it is because my nieces ask occasionally, for me to run with them. Haha. They are only 3 and 1, so running, is not full-blown running but rather chasing. I’ve heard that some people with dystonia can run perfectly, but can’t walk. I guess it’s like me with sand. I can’t walk perfectly on solid ground, but put me on sand and I walk with no issue. Again, that’s life – full of surprises! So, yeah, I want to relearn to run.

Two years ago at this time, I had no hair, so when it was extra curly and doing what I wanted it to do on Sunday, I snapped a picture. :)

God is good. God is gracious. God is full of surprises. God is faithful. God's Got This!


No comments:

Post a Comment