Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Turn-It-Up Tuesday: May 30

It's been awhile since I've had a "turn-it-up" Tuesday, but today, I did turn my deep brain stimulation device up. Two weeks ago, I turned it down, but in the time since, I've realized I actually need it up, so I'm at 3.00 volts on Frequency C now. We'll see what that does. ;) I'm hoping to get in contact with my (formally Nashville) neurologist, Dr. Tolleson, who now lives here in Knoxville and works at the same hospital as my brother. Dr. T. moved here in May and had told me that he'd probably need the whole month to set up and get going, but he could probably see me in June. Now that June is almost here, I need to call and set up an appointment.

This past week I finally got miserable enough wearing the boot 24/7, that I gave the night splint that Dr. Gardner (the foot doctor) gave me another try and this time, I didn't feel like I was going to unintentionally injure my foot while I slept. So, I 've been wearing it every night since. I was finally getting some good night's sleep. That was until the weekend and then all of the sudden, I started waking up again in the middle of the night, my foot and toes aching. Oh well. ;)

I continue to ice my foot every night. I'm hoping this will come to an end when I see Dr. Gardner again this coming Thursday. It's a whole routine in and of itself! That, coupled with taping two of my toes is now a nightly ritual. ;)

I don't know what it is - maybe I'm just that much more aware, but I've seen more people in boots over these past few weeks then ever before. Just Saturday, there were 4 different people in Kroger wearing them. I joked at the beginning of all of this that wearing a boot was all the rage right now and all the cool kids are doing it, but I was trying to be funny! It now seems like that's actually coming true - haha. I had a 20 minute conversation with a lady in Kroger about it. She had just gotten out of hers after breaking her ankle. This is my PSA: Be careful out there!

So, that's a mini-update from me. Not a whole lot to say, but that's good too sometimes!

I hope everyone has a fantastic week and always remember, God's Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment