Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Tune-In-Tuesday: May 23

This past week has been pretty good, minus the mini pity party I had for myself on Thursday. I have NOTHING to complain about! Sitting here tonight, writing this post, I can truly say I'm blessed and thankful. So, please forgive me for the pity party that was some of Thursday's post. I'm much better now - haha!!

I've been icing my foot religiously every night. I do it while eating ice cream - somehow that makes it better and more tolerable! I continue to wrap two of my toes in tape and then wrap the whole foot in the Ace bandage and then securely put it in the boot. I tried using the "night boot" that Dr. Gardner gave me, but I'm such a wild sleeper that after the first night in it, I felt like it didn't give me enough protection, so I've gone back to wearing the boot that I wear everywhere.

The compounding pharmacy called me about the compounded topical (cream) medicine that Dr. Gardner wrote me a prescription for. It turns out my insurance won't cover it and it's $45. While $45 isn't super steep, I decided against getting the prescription filled. If it were life and death, then of course I would get it, but since it's not, I decided against it. However, that decision may be causing me some rather sleepless nights. ;) The cream was to have some numbing medication in it and I assume that would have helped with the aching that tends to wake me up every night. My foot and toes just ache. Not a stabbing or even irritating pain, just an ache. I've said this before, but my foot and toes actually feel better when I'm walking then when just sitting still.

The callous on the bottom of my foot is looking better. Just last night I started to see progress. I was beginning to think it would never start healing. Let's remember, patience is not a virtue I score highly on! But it's starting to heal now - praise the Lord!

At church on Sunday, my friend Kaitlyn said that she put two-and-two together and realized that her boyfriend saw Dr. Gardner for an issue he was having. Small world it is!! ;)

I haven't adjusted any of the settings in my deep brain stimulation device since last Thursday. I think I might need to, but I am trying to give it a little more time to get used to the setting that it's on now. I walk fine, but it's when I sit that my foot does not want to be still. I'm kind of wondering if my boot is helping me walk. When it comes off, I'll have to rely solely on the electricity in my brain, so I may have to adjust it then. But, who knows? Maybe things will even out by then. I'm grateful I have the ability to adjust the electricity as I see fit. It's an amazing world we live in - I can adjust the amount of electricity that my brain gets - how cool is that?!

I hope everyone has a safe, relaxing and fun Memorial Day weekend. Always remember, God's Got This!



No comments:

Post a Comment