Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Tune-In Tuesday: April 11

It’s Tuesday, which means it’s time for me to update this blog. There’s not too much to update on, so hopefully it’ll be a short read, but if you’ve been around this blog for a while you know I like to type, so we’ll see what happens! Thanks, as always, for reading!!

The past week from Tuesday to Friday, I walked well. There were no major issues. I was even beginning to wonder if I should still have the hammer toe surgery, because my toes weren’t bothering me all that much. But that was just God allowing me to have good days, because, starting Friday, I started having more difficulty. I didn’t fall and as of this posting I haven’t fallen, but walking has been more of a struggle. I even checked to make sure my deep brain stimulation device had not been turned off. It's on and working. I blame it on the weather. I mean, I want to blame it on something, so it might as well be the weather! ;) The daytime weather has been gorgeous – sunny and 75 as they say. But, it’s the huge swings in temperature that I think are messing with me. We can go from 35 degrees at night to 75 degrees midday. Anyway, your guess is as good as mine on whether the weather is to blame. Also, the toes not hurting ended as well. Today, somehow (I have no clue how!) I was in the shower and did something to make the callous/blood blister/whatever-it-is spot on the bottom of my foot REALLY hurt! I just like to think of these moments as God’s little reminders that I’m on the right track (having surgery) and not to doubt what’s been set-up and planned.

As of this post, I have $37.43 left on my deductible to pay and that will be met on Monday (the day before my surgery on Tuesday) as I have a doctor’s appointment then. This year it’s being met a little later than last year (last year I met it on March 1), but April to meet the deductible is not bad! I am so thankful to work for a company that offers great insurance.

I'll share a couple of photos since I haven't had photos on the blog in a little while.

This first one I took last week when I liked what my hair was doing:


This second one I took on Sunday when I woke up to my hair literally standing straight up. It cracked me up. I didn’t do anything to it to get it like this (except sleep!):


My hair is beginning to look like a mullet – seriously. I’m not quite sure what to do with it. I know I need it cut. I’m hoping to get that done before Easter, but considering Easter is this coming Sunday, I need to get a move on it!

And, that’s about it. I told you it wouldn't be that long tonight!

I’m seriously thankful that I didn’t fall today or yesterday or the day before that. I’m thankful that my deductible is almost met. I’m thankful that my toes will soon be straight. My surgery is on Tuesday, April 18, even though my dad wrote it down wrong and keeps announcing it at church in the prayers as being on Monday the 17th. ;) I’m thankful that my hair is growing (however wild it may get!).

May everyone have a blessed and joyous Easter and always remember that “God’s Got This”.

No comments:

Post a Comment