Friday, April 14, 2017

Haircut!

I've been mulling the idea of a haircut for some time now. I've known I've needed one for awhile, but the thought of cutting it kind of made me sad. I worked hard to grow the hair I have! It's been a long 14 months and I'm proud of my hair (even if I find a few gray hairs!). But, since I wrote in the blog that I was going to get a haircut, my mom held my feet to the fire and asked me last night if I had made an appointment to get it done. She's been suggesting I get it done for awhile now. ;) I told her I hadn't, but I knew I needed to.

Last night after the Maundy Thursday service at church, I decided to just bite the bullet and do it. Great Clips is open until 9pm, so that's where I went. I could have gone to a fancy salon and paid a lot of money, but I didn't want to do that. I could have had my friend, Carrie, cut it (she's the one who shaved my head!), but I had to do it that second, or I'd lose my nerve! So, I went to Great Clips and got a stylist named Clare. I immediately relaxed because she has curly hair. I told her my story. She said she felt honored to be the first one to cut my hair. I told her I had to get rid of the mullet! She laughed. She said that she was actually quite impressed how my hair had grown. It had its own layers! ;) When she was done, she had cut 4 inches off - 4 INCHES!! I didn't know I had that much to even cut. She commented that my hair must grow fast because there was a ton of it. I survived the cut and didn't cry. I haven't cried at all because I love it!! Thank you, Clare for the beautiful cut. It's just what I didn't know I wanted and I love it.


May everyone have a wonderful Good Friday and a blessed, glorious Easter Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment