Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Tune-in-Tuesday: December 8, 2020

 Between last Thursday and today, I've somehow forgotten how to walk. I'm only slightly exaggerating when I say that. Wow, I mean, talk about something taking effect in 2 weeks. What happened? After updating on Thursday, I fell AGAIN. I really wasn't even walking either. I turned around, lost my balance and fell. My equilibrium is completely off. Walking - even with a cane - is not really happening except with great effort and prayer. I had someone help me walk into and out of church on Sunday and I was using my cane too! Walking up to and through Communion at church was difficult. I wanted so badly to adjust the electricity yesterday (Monday), but I thought "give it one more day - that will be exactly two weeks." Walking was so bad, that I literally got in my car and drove to end of my driveway just to get the mail. I didn't want to risk walking even that short of a distance. I HAD to go to Walgreens last night to pick something up. There was a cart literally just steps away from where I parked and I couldn't even make it that short of distance. I got stuck and almost frozen if you will. I couldn't bend my knee. I couldn't lift my leg - I was stuck. Thankfully, God sent an angel in the form of a man who was so very kind.  He asked, "Do you need that cart?" When I answered, "Yes.", he said, "All you really had to do was say, "Dude, I need that cart, grab it for me!" I mean, he was so, so sweet and just diffused the situation with laughter and comedy. He didn't dwell on any disability I had. Even after I got the cart, my legs were like jelly and I ended up tripping and "falling" (I was holding on to the cart, so it was more like tripping). As I used the cart more, I got steadier, but still not steady enough. This morning I was so incredibly happy to be able to take the electricity back down. Yes, I could have done it (maybe should have done it) sooner, but I really wanted to give the electricity two full weeks to take effect. And I made it (barely - but I made it) two full weeks and it took effect. Boy, did it take effect. Not the way I wanted it too, but it took effect.  And that's a glimpse into my life when I'm experimenting with how much electricity I give myself. It's sometimes embarrassing, sometimes heartbreaking, sometimes frustrating, sometimes amazing, sometimes nerve-wracking, some times miraculous, sometimes panic-inducing, but always an adventure. I took the electricity back down to 3.60 volts on Frequency A. Sometimes, I wish there was a 3.65 or a 3.55 - something like that. It seems at times 3.50 or 3.60 is too little, but 3.70 is too much. But, what I am going to do? It is what it is and I'll  make the best of it. Again, this is as much art as it is science. The brain is a beautiful, wonderful, mystifying part of the body that God has so intricately designed. When I think about it, I can't help be amazed by it. How can you NOT believe in God when you think about the human body and how all parts of it work together (or don't work because something's not quite right)? So that's a quick update. Hopefully, I'll go back to walking at least OK again soon. I'm done experimenting for awhile - ha! God's Got This!  

No comments:

Post a Comment