Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: September 4, 2018

Another week has come and gone and I must say that I am cautiously optimistic that my walking may be back on track. May be. 😉 In my last post, I had turned the electricity down to 2.70. That lasted until Thursday night when I turned it back up and landed at 2.90 (still in Group A) and so far, so good. I turned it up because I knew I needed more. I can’t explain why or how I knew I needed more, I just did. 😉


Since turning it up, walking has been getting back to normal. I feel more stable. Thank you, Jesus!

I made a spur of the moment decision to go to my church’s family retreat this past weekend and it was one of the best decisions I’ve made. I don’t normally thrive on making last minute decisions, but this time I did. I met new people, learned more about Jesus and failed epicaly at corn hole. It was a blast. I also was struck by this fact: the last time I went on our church’s family retreat, I had to use a walker to get everywhere. This time, I used my own two feet. I must say I did use my Dad too – haha. He helped me down a steep hill and other places that I may not have been so steady on, but the fact is, I didn’t use a walker or a cane!!


I saw this quote this past week and it struck a chord with me:


Never in a million years did I ever think that I would be blogging about walking issues. Never in a million years would I have thought that “matters of the brain” would spark my interest or keep my attention for more than 30 seconds. And yet, here I am. And the journey’s not over yet. Maybe God’s got bigger plans for me yet.

I also saw this and it humbled me:


It humbled me because I, oftentimes, when walking fails, am the rude, weak, bully, timid, arrogant one. I so don’t want to be that, but I get frustrated and do fail. Therefore, I am so ever thankful for God’s grace.


I had yoga tonight and my instructor killed me! Just kidding. The night did not go as I had planned though. My appointment was at 6pm. I arrived at 6:30pm. There were two separate 3 car-pile-ups on the highway and a 25-minute drive turned into an hour drive. I was literally stopped on the interstate. I texted my instructor (when I was completely stopped!) and she was cool about it. When I finally arrived, she decided to put me through a boot-camp. I guess that’s what I deserved for being half an hour late! But – as usual, it was just what I needed. I’ve been feeling kind of fat and useless, so a hard workout is just what I needed. I’m definitely going to feel tonight’s workout tomorrow. 😉

I think that's it for this week. Thank you for reading along. Thank you also for the encouragement and the prayers. Always remember, God's Got This and also:





No comments:

Post a Comment