Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Tune-In-Tuesday: September 11, 2018


I know you probably can't tell - in fact, I'm a little disappointed because I just realized that since I took the above picture looking into my mirror, the whole picture is inverted - but this morning as I was finishing up and getting ready to leave for work, I glanced in the mirror and realized my left foot was not turned in or twisted. It was perfectly straight. It was relaxed. It was "normal". But, being me, I'm still CAUTIOUSLY optimistic that I'm on the right setting, because, you know, me being OVERLY excited about anything usually leads me to jinx the whole situation. Seriously though, I am so very thankful. God is good.

Walking has been easier - not completely without issue - but easier. I even had a much easier time walking into church on Sunday and if you've been reading this blog awhile you know that I tend to have major problems with that particular task. ;)

Thursday and Friday of last week were particularly great walking days. I am blessed!

I have good days and bad days, but I'm thankful that for this past week, the good days outweighed the bad days. God is in both kind of days though for which I am so ever grateful. He's in control and I am not. Sometimes (OK, the majority of the time) I want to be in control, but then I come to the realization that that would be a very bad thing and then I relax and breath and rejoice in the fact that He knows what He's doing!


God knows our every need even before we know our need. I went to yoga tonight. It was an hour later than I normally go because my instructor had to fill in for another class, but still wanted to work with me. To be honest, all day today, I've felt sad. Not like, cry-my-eyes-out sad, but sad nonetheless. I wasn't sure I really even wanted to go tonight, but I am SO glad I did. It was the perfect mix of therapy, exercise and relaxation and it lifted my mood substantially. It was what I needed, when I needed it and I thank God for it.

I was also uplifted today by this Bible verse: "Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always." 1 Chronicles 16:11
When this life seems dark or sad look to the Lord. He is our strength. He is our God who loves us immensely and only wants what's best for us.

In everything always remember, "God's Got This!"

No comments:

Post a Comment