Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Tune-In Tuesday: January 2, 2018

Happy New Year!!!!!!!! I hope everyone reading this had a fabulous Christmas and New Year. As 2017 ended and 2018 began one word kept coming to mind when I thought back over 2017: Blessed. I was so incredibly blessed in 2017. Yes, there were hard times and some really hard times, but what I remember the most was how many times and in how many circumstances I was blessed. God saw me through every valley and created every mountain top experience I had. For that, I am truly thankful. When I take a moment to realize that the Creator of Everything takes interest in me, I am truly humbled.


This past week was wonderful. Only God knows if I'll ever get married or have kids, but I have to say that right now He's got me where He wants me and that includes loving on my nieces. I've heard it said that there are no words to describe the love a parent has for a child. That's how I feel about my nieces. I can't put into words how much I love them. When I hear them say my name or when they smile at me, my heart just melts. I've been incredibly blessed over the holidays to spend time with both of them individually and it's done my heart good. I love seeing life through their eyes. Everything's exciting and fun. They also don't see "handicap" or that anything's wrong with anybody. There's an innocence there that is only given by God. Eventually, the innocence goes away as the world creeps in, but for a little while it prevails. Interestingly enough, if I'm holding their hand, I don't have any issues walking. I don't know if it's just a sensory thing or what, but I'm thankful it is the way it is. My heart is full.


Walking has been easier this past week for me - praise the Lord! I've had more confidence and it's been a great week. I didn't fall. But, then there are days like today, when I struggle a little more. Now, I'll say my "struggle" today was more like my "good" walking has been in the past. There were times in the past two weeks when I actually felt like I could categorize my walking as "normal", like there was nothing wrong with the way I walked. That's a bold statement, but there were glimpses of that for sure! So, today, when I "struggled" a little more, I got frustrated and all "Why me, God?!". But as I'm writing this, I do realize that my struggle was not really all that much of a struggle, just an inconvenience. I like to think of it as God reminding me that He's still God and I am not! Not that He causes me to struggle at all, but He allows me to struggle so that I remember who grants me the awesome days and helps me through the not-so-awesome days. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm nearer to God in my struggles than I can be when I'm happy-go-lucky because I'm in constant communication with Him.

I have a follow-up neurology appointment scheduled for March 8. I haven't done any adjusting to the electricity in my deep brain stimulation device as I've been walking well. I can always go up or down, but for the time being, I'll remain on the level that I'm on right now.

I think that's it for this post. Thank you, thank you, thank you for coming back week after week to read updates. Thank you for praying and for all the encouragement. I know I don't say thank you enough. I'm starting 2018 as I ended 2017: feeling incredibly, undeservedly, blessed.

May God bless each and every person reading this post. Always remember: God's Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment